Athenas Setup

dminches

Athenas Setup
« on: 17 Oct 2018, 05:43 pm »
I just purchased a pair of used Athenas and was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks for the setup?  Should they be toed in?  Any other setup suggestions?

Currently I am using a BAT VK-3000SE integrated amp with them.

A_shah

Re: Athenas Setup
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2018, 10:21 pm »
If your Athenas have tweeters offset than in reality you do not need to toe in or maybe just a little bit of toe in. I tried various positions for my Poseidon speakers (v.2) they are pretty big speakers ultimately I settled for straight position

no toe in gives me the best imaging 

Separate 5.1 channel system with Vizio 65 " P65-F1 Quantum Dot Display with a "wonderful sounding" Wyred4Sound MC7150 amplifier directly inputted from Oppo 205 and Kef LS 50 speakers  and Hsu VTR MK-15 subwoofer

2 channel system : Oppo 205  for transport, connected  via  and Coaxial/ XLR to  PS audio DirectStream DAC , Don Sach Pre amp,  Quicksilver Mono 60 watts tube amps. Daedalus Poseidon Speakers (2018) as a back up have Odyssey Kismet Amplifier :thumb: :popcorn:
Asghar

jriggy

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2018, 11:07 pm »
Go ahead and toe-in some and they can handle farther apart and closer to sidewalls (depending on your room) than other speakers may handle.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2018, 04:26 am »
I also have a pair of Athenas. Experiment with toe-in. I think you will find that imaging improves when you get the best angle. Straight ahead works if they are fairly close together.