Speaker stands for n2x

Zracer

Speaker stands for n2x
« on: 10 Oct 2010, 03:58 pm »
Im currently looking for  24-28 inch speaker stands for my n2x . Any info , suggestions , and pictures would be appreciated.

wgallupe

Re: Speaker stands for n2x
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2010, 05:15 pm »
If you do most of your listening while seated, it's a good idea to measure the distance from the floor to your ears. You may find that 28" stands will put the tweeter too high. (Tweeter close to ear level is usually best). Features to look for: Non-resonant materials of construction, ability to fill with sand or leadshot, wide base with spiked feet. Google speaker stands. You'll find alot of stuff.

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
PM sent (nt)
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2010, 12:22 am »
PM sent.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2010, 02:19 am »
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=240-802

I got a pair of these for my Silverline Minuets.  The come in different heights.  It has a wide base so it won't wobble and you can fill the stand with sand.  However, the holes to fill the stand with sand are tiny so you will need to drill wider holes unless you want to spend couple of hours filling the stand.  Best of all, they are affordable.

persisting1

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2010, 02:25 am »
I have a pair of Core Audio Designs Model D stands.  The build quality is outstanding.  I'd recommend them to anyone.

http://coreaudiodesigns.com/products/speaker-stands/model-d/ 

Zracer

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2010, 04:39 am »
 The core audio stands are very nice. I have googled for stands and am left wanting for more.  Please keep em coming . This is all great info.

Ron

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2010, 11:21 am »
 Zracer - If you have basic woodworking skills and access to a table or rdial arm saw you could build your own stands. The attached pictures show a simple pair of 24" high stands I constructed out of 3/4" MDF and spray painted with Krylon satin black paint. If you are interested, I would be glad to provide the dimensions.

Ron

dvenardos

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:17 am »
Super easy and cheap would be a 4x4 post on plywood.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2010, 04:28 am »
Here's a little DIY article by ScottF....Link...  :thumb:

motosapien

« Reply #9 on: 12 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm »
I was needing a bit more height for my NX2's as well.  I've read that a vertical front on the stand as wide and extending down from the front baffle helps the speaker couple to the floor and enhances the bass.  Be pretty easy to construct as I envision it.  I've had my NX2's for a year now and I seem to enjoy them more every day.  They really are excellent speakers and a tremendous value.

dvenardos

« Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2010, 03:48 pm »
In that case you could just construct it like the N3 (sans the transmission line).

I've read that a vertical front on the stand as wide and extending down from the front baffle helps the speaker couple to the floor and enhances the bass.  Be pretty easy to construct as I envision it.

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2010, 04:38 am »