Electra IC cable - I like it!

Loftprojection

Electra IC cable - I like it!
« on: 25 Nov 2006, 05:12 pm »
I received my set of IC from Danny yesterday, tried them out last night.  Strait out of the box, I like them!  I'm not sure if there is really significant gains in burnin for IC cables but it doesn't really matter since I wont be returning them.

What do I like about the Electra.  Well unfortunately my current IC is not a commercially sold IC.  It's an IC made by a tech that works in a high end audio store.  What I can say about it is that I paid about the same price as the Electra from Danny and when I bought it I had compared it favorably to a few other ICs that were sold 2-3 times more $$$.

With this said, I went on and inserted the Electra in my system.  I immediately heard a difference, not night and day but enough so that in a blind test I would have easily been able to point out which is which.  With the Electra, there is more air between instruments, mids clearly defined and tonality is more natural.  The highs are a bit smoother but there is still all the details.  Bass is similar.

So if you're looking for a new IC maybe you'd like this one, I sure do.  Ho ya, but there is one thing I don't like about it, the color is uuuuugly, but, I don't care!   :thumb: