New Versions of Alpha LS?

Danny Richie

Progress
« Reply #40 on: 28 May 2005, 07:27 pm »
Driver development has drug out much longer than I expected. Hopefully the next version of the woofers with the XBL^ technology will hit the numbers and meet my approval. It should be any day now on those. I'll have them air freight over enough of them for all testing.

Looks like BG will finally hit the mark on the new Neo 8.8GR. They have been forcing DI to make every prototype, and the lag time from results to feedback have made me furious. Looks like they should have it pretty soon and I'll have them air freight them over, at least a small run of them.

I will have MLS build some enclosures as well. Plus, maybe even another surprise that will be a huge bonus. More on that later.  :mrgreen:

Baffle design is complete and awaiting final driver parameters to determine just how deep each box will be.

ekovalsky

« Reply #41 on: 28 May 2005, 07:41 pm »
Looks awesome Danny!  They'd look really sweet atop some piano black lacquer bases.

Danny Richie

Looks
« Reply #42 on: 28 May 2005, 08:30 pm »
Looks awesome Danny! They'd look really sweet atop some piano black lacquer bases.

I was thinking the same thing.

klh

« Reply #43 on: 31 May 2005, 08:58 pm »
Have you in the meantime worked on the center/surround designs? It's too bad this has taken as long as it has, but things like this have a way of happening. Please update us with more details as soon as you reasonably can.

Jason1

« Reply #44 on: 31 May 2005, 10:33 pm »
Hey Danny, any chance on doing a large monitor version with maybe 3-4 woofers and 2-3 tweeters?

Danny Richie

« Reply #45 on: 2 Jun 2005, 04:20 am »
I do have some center channel and surround models in mind.

And yes we could do a mini array with 4 tweeters and 6 woofers.

klh

« Reply #46 on: 25 Jul 2005, 05:36 pm »
Danny,

How are the speakers coming along?  Have the new drivers been finalized? What about the progress of the BG Neo 8.8GR development? Still slow as ever? Don't pull all your hair out :). Any updates would be appreciated.

Danny Richie

Updates
« Reply #47 on: 25 Jul 2005, 07:24 pm »
The new Neo 8.8 GR version is done. Measurements sent look good and I see no issues with them yet. Prototype units were shipped over (supposed to be flown over) with a standard BG shipment. They are tied up in customs right now but should be at BG this week. Then they get sent to me for final approval.

The woofers are still being perfected. They are much closer though. I hope to see specs and parameters on the next woofer sample this week. Keep your fingers crossed. Sorry the XBL^ technology came with a learning curve.

They are adding a couple more windings to the voice coil to get a little bit more into that dual gap. This may bring the X-max up to the 8mm range.

I have been working on surround ideas too. I have a few tricks up my sleeve there too.

There will be a related big announcement regarding these soon that will really make these the deal of all deals to beat. This line source project is going to be huge.

carlos spud

• http://www.steamlineaudio.com
AAAAHHGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
« Reply #48 on: 25 Jul 2005, 07:38 pm »
Danny I have to get those as soon as they are ready to ship :mrgreen:  OMG talk about anticipation, any news on a center /surround to match the new line source? I would love a line source HT talk about excess! i'll be sleeping on the couch for a month!
Carlos

klh

« Reply #49 on: 25 Jul 2005, 08:17 pm »
Sounds great. Hopefully within the next month or so you'll be able to fill in the gaps. Good things come to those who wait, right?  I know you said sooner, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprized of an early arrival than disappointed at a late one. Keep up the good work.

trekker

Re: Updates
« Reply #50 on: 25 Jul 2005, 08:53 pm »
Quote from: Danny
There will be a related big announcement regarding these soon that will really make these the deal of all deals to beat. This line source project is going to be huge.

I'm sure this will be quite an "Announcement".  I have an idea  :D  this has something to do with a colaboration with another company.  I was told by X#@&, that you were working on some projects for his company and I should wait for these before I upgrade my speakers.

Arnold

klh

« Reply #51 on: 25 Jul 2005, 09:59 pm »
:o

Danny Richie

« Reply #52 on: 25 Jul 2005, 10:26 pm »
Yep, something like that.

trekker

« Reply #53 on: 26 Jul 2005, 02:19 am »
From what I was told, thesse were going to be some REALLY good stuff!!!