Master Built Cables

drummermitchell

Re: Master Built Cables
« Reply #20 on: 30 Dec 2016, 12:13 am »
I guess the last 6"of whatever wire doesn't make a difference in the pre or amp,
but I guess the 6'of pc does :lol:,done it all yrs ago and I've smartened up since then :lol:.

kernelbob

« Reply #21 on: 30 Dec 2016, 02:48 am »
Drummermitchell, I understand your doubt ... correction, your certainty that the MB powercords don't perform as various owners have described.  I have several MB Signature powercords, but I will mention the experience of the first time that I tried a pair.

I was using a pair of solid state monoblock amps .  I had Shunyata Python CX power cords on the amps and they sounded just fine to me.  I connected the MB power cords to the outlets and turned off the amps.  I quickly swapped in the MB Sigs and turned on the first amp.  The improvement in the systems dynamics, the timbre of instruments, coherence, dynamics, bass extension, resolution,and just plain realism was a night and day difference.  Even before powering on the second amp, I found myself saying "holy $#!+ ".

Even the most adamant "it can't matter" doubter expresses amazement when I swap power cords.

Whatever these power cords do, the benefits are real and aren't subtle.  This isn't snake oil.

Best,
Robert
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2016, 02:36 pm by kernelbob »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #22 on: 30 Dec 2016, 04:07 am »
Sweet.  :D

gammajo

« Reply #23 on: 1 Jan 2017, 04:58 pm »
I have to jump in too. I want to give you an idea of how Ultra may make its way into a sane person's system. For me, many factors came together perfectly to result in an Ultra purchase.
1. I have 40 years audio experience, trust my own ears (and those of a few people who I deeply respect, including Albert's and Leif's) and have equipment including VSA VR55 AKtives that I love.
2. I create meditation CDs for commercial sale and use my equipment to audition and tweak the results because I want to create the best product possible and the subtlest of sounds effect people when in a deep meditative state. Therefore I can write off such equipment including Ultra as a business expense.
3. I also write books and when one hit big I had much extra profit at the end of the year which would mostly just go to taxes.
4. My wife liked that new cables would not change the look of our listening room living space. And I was happy with all current equipment.
5. I wanted to celebrate my good year, rather than just pay taxes, and knowing how good the MB line was at the Reference and Signature level, and how easy new cables were to audition and return, I took the shot, added Ultra IC and Speaker Biwire and Signature PC,  and never looked back as Ultra really did release the magic in the music better than anything else I have heard. I suspect the Ultra line is best in the world.
6. This year we had many medical expenses, so no major stereo purchases and that is fine because I am so happy and grateful to be experiencing wonderful music through what I now own. Even better, full health has been returned and is being celebrated.
7. My next book comes out in April and if successful at the end of 2017 I will consider adding Ultra PC. I can't imagine how it can be better but those who know say it is and so will audition and hear for myself.

BigSwede

« Reply #24 on: 3 Jan 2017, 01:50 pm »
I guess the last 6"of whatever wire doesn't make a difference in the pre or amp,
but I guess the 6'of pc does :lol:,done it all yrs ago and I've smartened up since then :lol:.
I would be so happy if you were right; I hate spending money on cables. But you're not.