Meet the "NEW" Evoke models on the website

John Casler

Meet the "NEW" Evoke models on the website
« on: 6 Dec 2016, 06:03 pm »
If you haven't yet done so, please visit the "updated" EVOKE website to see the two new models.

http://evokespeakers.com/

We now have the EVOKE "Ruby" which is the most incredible bookshelf speaker you might find.  It is an over-performer at a $695 (per speaker) price point.

We also have the EVOKE "Alex", which is a SOA Floorstander that should set a sonic standard for speakers below $25k.

Don_S

Re: Meet the "NEW" Evoke models on the website
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2016, 06:53 pm »
John,

I know it might be early but I am sure signups and solicitations have started.  Will you exhibit at either of the two California shows in 2017?  If so, which one(s)?   

Thanks,  Don

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2016, 07:18 am »
Hi Don,

Not sure yet, but possibly the Orange County Show in June.

Will you be attending?

roscoeiii

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2016, 03:41 pm »
Either of these coming to AXPONA?

Don_S

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2016, 03:59 pm »
Hi Don,

Not sure yet, but possibly the Orange County Show in June.

Will you be attending?

John,  That would be the LA Audio Show.  I don't like the higher sleeping-room prices.  But I might attend if there are enough exhibitors I want to visit.

List is over a month old at this point.

http://www.laaudioshow.com/single-post/2016/07/11/2017ExhibitorListFirstRelease

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2016, 04:45 pm »
Mr. C,

Very nice looking speakers Sir!  I have a pair of computer speakers with ribbon tweeters.  Very nice in a near field set up.  Could you tell us the dimensions of the Ruby please?  How does the Ruby project in a room on bookshelves where they should work with the front ports or on stands?  Are they available with veneer upgrades like the larger speakers?

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec 2016, 12:31 am »
Mr. C,

Very nice looking speakers Sir!  I have a pair of computer speakers with ribbon tweeters.  Very nice in a near field set up.  Could you tell us the dimensions of the Ruby please?  How does the Ruby project in a room on bookshelves where they should work with the front ports or on stands?  Are they available with veneer upgrades like the larger speakers?

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

Here are the dimensions:

14 1/2″ Tall x 8 1/2″ Wide x 11 1/2″ Deep [12″ Deep with Grille]

Approximately 20 Pounds

I will let Mark answer the available finish(es), as he has the update.

I spent some quality time with the prototypes and they are "surprising" in their SPL and clairity for a speaker of this size, making them PERFECT for budget and compact systems, as well as even Center and Surround duties for a HT.

These little (sonic) monsters play loud and clear.

roscoeiii

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2017, 05:05 pm »
Never heard back on my December post about Evoke being at AXPONA. Gonna get to hear them there?

Evoke

• Industry Participant
    • EVOKE Planar Loudspeakers
« Reply #8 on: 3 Apr 2017, 09:08 pm »
Never heard back on my December post about Evoke being at AXPONA. Gonna get to hear them there?

Sorry for the delay, Rosceiii -

We've been in development and tweaking Ruby at a furious pace. She has to be great out of the box, so to speak. Just when we thought she was done - we decided on a revision - the result is pretty amazing.

I've also put a lot of energy into Alex. Our goal is that the next show will feature Ruby, Eddie and Alex. I don't feel showing Eddie by himself right now makes sense. On top of that we're barely keeping up with orders. It's a good problem.