Future of Aluminati Sound

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Future of Aluminati Sound
« on: 7 Dec 2015, 05:42 am »
Hello all! Haven't posted in awhile!

A lot has happened this summer, my business partner backed out and i had to really think about the direction i want to take with things (because i am literally on my own).

Aluminati has always been fun for me because i get to design and make new things. I've always been interested in motorsports and purchased a Subaru STI a few years ago. From the day i got it i started designing high performance parts for it. Today it currently has 500whp and i go to the track whenever i can. People started asking if these parts were for sale. Jason (ex business partner) and I started to make batches of these parts, the plan was to sell audio and car parts on the same site but all of this changed when he backed out.

I have shut down my old site (www.Aluminatisound.com) and have launched www.Aluminati.us

Record weights have always done well and the car parts are really taking off with many new products on there way (20+ by next spring). I no longer offer amp solutions and will not in the foreseeable future.

My Circle will be shut down by the end of the year, all customers that have purchased amps through Aluminatisound will still be given service and repairs when needed and all warranties that applied to these products within there respected warranty periods will be honored.

Here are somethings i've made recently including an SS record weight :)

Best,
Matt

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Future of Aluminati Sound
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2015, 10:29 am »
Iam sorry to see you go.
Good luck in the new company.
Best regards

charmerci

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2015, 05:54 pm »
Good luck on the new adventure. You made some incredibly beautiful audio pieces. Wish I could have afforded some of them.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2015, 06:14 pm »
Best wishes for the revamped/revised operation Matt. It's always difficult to run your own business, probably never more so than now. Your automotive work is as clean & smart as the stereo gear.  8)

Just out of curiosity, I can identify the shifter/Ebrake handle, motor/tranny mounts, are the others linkage parts & heads/exhaust manifolds ?

WireNut

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2015, 08:04 pm »
Matt,
I wish you lived close by in Cincinnati. I would be knocking down the door to work with you. I've been a CNC programmer/machinist since 1980 but never got into audio or car parts. Sounds like a great job.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 8 Dec 2015, 08:10 am »
Best wishes for the revamped/revised operation Matt. It's always difficult to run your own business, probably never more so than now. Your automotive work is as clean & smart as the stereo gear.  8)

Just out of curiosity, I can identify the shifter/Ebrake handle, motor/tranny mounts, are the others linkage parts & heads/exhaust manifolds ?

Thanks for the kind words guys!!

Yes, motor mounts, trans mount, pitch stop (goes between firewall and tranny), shifters, battery tie down and the one with o rings in the last picture are port tumblers (these mix the air and fuel before entering the cylinder).

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec 2015, 08:13 am »
Also started a Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/aluminati.us

pconley2

« Reply #7 on: 8 Dec 2015, 10:31 pm »
Sorry to see you leave this fine forum, I hope you don't mind that I took advantage of your notice to order one of your beautiful record weights.  Once it is here I will post a picture.

Phil

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 8 Dec 2015, 10:51 pm »
Sorry to see you leave this fine forum, I hope you don't mind that I took advantage of your notice to order one of your beautiful record weights.  Once it is here I will post a picture.

Phil

Thanks for the order Phil!

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #9 on: 8 Dec 2015, 11:38 pm »
Sad to see you leave, I've been a lurker for awhile.  Any plans on keeping the headphone stands?

For my own edification,  once you have the cnc design peferfected, I thought the marginal cost of cranking out another amp case to be very small (except materials of course).  Why not still offer them, keep zero inventory, built when ordered, no design changes allowed.

-david

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 12 Dec 2015, 06:02 am »
Sad to see you leave, I've been a lurker for awhile.  Any plans on keeping the headphone stands?

For my own edification,  once you have the cnc design peferfected, I thought the marginal cost of cranking out another amp case to be very small (except materials of course).  Why not still offer them, keep zero inventory, built when ordered, no design changes allowed.

-david

The cost does come down after the program has been proven but material and labor are still very high on these projects. We always had a hard time (or took a long time) to sell nCore cases in quantity. A request would come in here and there but it only made sense profit wise to make 5+ sets at time but if they didn't sell, having inventory was a huge burden.

ackcheng

« Reply #11 on: 12 Dec 2015, 06:25 am »
Hi Matt,

So sorry to hear you go. The quality of the products you provide is exceptional. Would you be able to provide custom parts if I design all the parts and provide CAD drawing? BTW, The ncore chassis I bought from you is still as good as new!

Yours

Arthur

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 12 Dec 2015, 07:08 am »
Hi Matt,

So sorry to hear you go. The quality of the products you provide is exceptional. Would you be able to provide custom parts if I design all the parts and provide CAD drawing? BTW, The ncore chassis I bought from you is still as good as new!

Yours

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

There's always room for some custom work ;)

Matt

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #13 on: 12 Dec 2015, 01:42 pm »
I was always impressed by the photos of your amps, but I never appreciated it because I've never heard an Ncore. Your pics excited my imagination, but without the personal experience (on my part), there was no impetus for me to pursue any possible interest.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Michael

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 12 Dec 2015, 10:23 pm »
Thanks for the recent orders and kind words everyone!

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 21 Dec 2015, 03:15 am »
Thanks for the orders recently, much appreciated!!!

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 31 Dec 2015, 07:09 am »
This is the last good bye, thanks for the fun journey everyone, I've learned so much from this site and will remember all the customers i've met in the last few years.

Just turned 28, i have so much ahead of me and i'm beyond excited to see whats around the corner :)

Best,
Matt Kraemer
Owner and only employee of Aluminati