I'm introducing myself as required.

scotthitz

I'm introducing myself as required.
« on: 30 Apr 2020, 05:04 pm »
Danny, I stumbled upon your Youtube videos last week by way of NewRecordDay. Your dedication to quality and honesty is a breath of fresh air in these times. I have been searching for YEARS for the kind of information that you share with your audience throughout these videos. I have learned at least one important concept from each of your videos. I'm ecstatic to have found your company! I'm sold on your kits and am planning to sell my Paradigm home theater setup and buying several of your kits with my spoils. I don't plan to start the project until the fall of 2020.

It would seem that your A/V series is engineered with multi-channel listening in mind. Should I consider any of your other kits? For cost and space reasons, I'm anticipating utilizing a 5, 5.1, or 5.2 channel arrangement:

2) A/V-3? mains
1) A/V-1 or AV-O? center channel
2) A/V-O? surrounds
1) servo sub kit 5?

My listening environment:
95% home theater listening, 5% stereo critical listening
open joist basement with a 6 foot height where the joists run perpendicular to the speaker/listener orientation
concrete block walls with plans to install curtains that run parallel with the walls
listening position is 6 ft. from the main speakers and half way to the rear wall (not ideal, but unalterable. That standing bass wave cancels a lot of energy.)
the front three speakers can be as far as 2 feet from the front wall
55" TV can be mounted on front listening wall or placed on a small stand that minimizes interference with the sound

Please advise. I'm happy to communicate with you in whatever method you prefer.

A request for Youtube content:
VIDEO 1: What do I need to know about purchasing a spectrum analyzer and corresponding microphone?
VIDEO 2: Proper setup and use of a spectrum analyzer.
VIDEO 3: Use of a spectrum analyzer to EQ your listening environment.

Best regards and hold on!..this Youtube ride is just beginning!

Scott Hitz
Erie, PA