finally got it working!

hairofthedawg

finally got it working!
« on: 30 Jan 2003, 09:37 pm »
I'll nominate myself for idiot of the year...did all the adjustments and alignments and spun the first disc...arrggh...only one channel, same problem  I had with another TT that had a bad wire in the tonearm somewhere.  Started checking things and figured that maybe the bad wire had knocked out a channel of my preamp.  Sent Klaus an email asking how to get it fixed and went to bed.  Dug out an old phono preamp and was going to hook it into my Classe SSP-30, and had the same problem.   :oops:   Decided to watch some TV and again the same problem...looked at my amps and one of the power plugs had come loose, probably bumped it during setup and didn't notice.  Now I wish I had watched TV last night so I would have figured it out sooner.  Anyway, it's hooked up and working and sounds pretty damn good.  I've only listened to a few songs because I had to try out my VPI record cleaner, which is pretty nifty in itself.  There's a photo in my gallery on page two.  Sounds almost as good as it looks.  It's a Bluenote(Italy) Belavista with a Borghese tonearm and a Boboli cartridge.  More later.

cheers,

Dick

nature boy

finally got it working!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2003, 09:47 pm »
AH VINYL - enjoy oh hairy one.  The Bluenote she is beautiful.

NB

akshobhyavajra

Re: finally got it working!
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2003, 01:27 pm »
Quote from: hairofthedawg
There's a photo in my gallery on page two.  Sounds almost as good as it looks.  It's a Bluenote(Italy) Belavista with a Borghese tonearm and a Boboli cartridge.  
Dick

Hey Dick - I just checked out the pic - nice looking table.  I bet it sounds as good as it looks...

Congrads!

~Michael~

hairofthedawg

finally got it working!
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2003, 02:11 pm »
Yes, most things sound pretty good so far.  There are a couple of things that make me wonder if something is wrong though. My room has a balance problem in that I have to adjust it a little for the left side.  I expected the same thing I had been hearing on CD, but it's a little more pronounced with the turntable.  I also noticed that Donnie Van Zandt(sp?)'s voice, from 38 Special was really harsh to listen to.  I tried a different album and it was quite a bit better, but still noticeable.  It sounded like someone was playing a cymbal in time with his singing, really hissy.  I haven't noticed it with other singers yet.  Lots to learn yet, but I'm enjoying the process.

cheers,

Dick

nature boy

finally got it working!
« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2003, 12:26 am »
Dick,

It sounds like your vertical tracking angle might be a little to high, but I would wait a couple weeks to let the table, arm, and cartridge settle in - then you might try adjusting the arm down in small doses to see if this does the trick.

It took me a little while to get my Rega RB300 and Dynavector 10X4mk2 dialed in.

Enjoy!

Nature Boy
Audio Circle C.E.O.