Junior XRS with ALNICO drivers

piezoman

• Decware: Torii MK V, Zbit, ZRock2
Junior XRS with ALNICO drivers
« on: 14 Apr 2020, 05:56 pm »
Hello all,

This is my first post. I've been looking around a bit and see this a really great forum!

I have a Decware system on order [Taboo MK IV amp, ZBIT, ZRock2, all silver-copper cable, interconnects, and power cords] and have just received a pair of Junior XRS with ALNICO drivers.

Here's my question: the Junior XRS, on spikes, are about 14" below my ears in the sitting position. Would it be better to raise the front of the speakers so they point upwards for a more direct line, or should a short pair of speaker stands be employed?

If applicable, any suggestions as to where to purchase the appropriate stands?

If the "pointing upward" method is employed, what should be used to accomplish this?

By the way, the speaker positioning will be approx. 8-9 feet away.

Thanks for any help!

Brad

jmolsberg

Re: Junior XRS with ALNICO drivers
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2020, 10:02 pm »
Did Louis mention how tall the cabinets are? I know the 3xrs are shorties but I think the JR cabinets may be 35”. Definitely can’t hurt t9 raise them but I’d play with a bit. Sounds like you are going to have a great stereo! 

Doodlebum

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2020, 10:34 pm »
I have the same system as you except the amp(zen 25th). My jr8xrs are 34" and sound Wonderfull in the sitting position but when I unwind with a jazz power nap on  a low couch, they sound even better, especially the bass range.
you're gonna have a killer system btw.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2020, 10:51 pm »
Tilt them back.  Louis typically includes spikes with longer one in front so there is a tilt back. 

I took a different approach, mainly since my Omega implementation resulted in a much heavier speaker.  One advantage is the stability.  Another is you can adjust the tilt to your liking.

The outriggers themselves were less than $100 at http://oregondv.com/product/loudspeaker-outriggers/.  The feet are from Herbie's and cost more as you might expect.

.....Pete

piezoman

• Decware: Torii MK V, Zbit, ZRock2
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2020, 03:48 pm »
thank you all for your input!  :thumb:

i will be in contact with Loius, and will pursue all options.

seikosha

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2020, 05:03 pm »
Just tilt them up so they are pointing towards where you want them.  You can use different sized spikes, just spikes in the front, or just prop something under the front spikes; coins, pieces of wood whatever works best for you. 

In the past, Louis made me some solid plinths; using the same veneer as my speakers...that was a nice solution as well.  Really though, there is no right answer.