Lps and CD -R

Randy

Lps and CD -R
« on: 4 Dec 2020, 07:54 pm »
I have a bunch of nice classical Lps, but no longer play them since my last turntable was sold. I know this is heresy on this forum, but I'd like to transfer some of those Lps to CD.  When I had my last tt (VPI) I did a little of that myself, but that's no longer an option.  Anybody know of someone who will do that as a service using a good tt and cartridge instead of those cheapie USB tts you see for sale?  I can then play them in my vehicle let alone on my main system.   Any help?

Mag

Re: Lps and CD -R
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2020, 02:19 am »
I know how to do it but I don't have a TT that works at proper speed. My cd-r's I just label with an ink pen, nothing fancy.

I've copied several Lps with very good results. I have a phono pre with usb out to computer.

I was planning on getting another TT, being out of work due to Covid-19 money is tight. So that has been put on hold.

Depending on quality of recording on vinyl. With my method it may take 1 to 3 cd-r for an excellent copy. But it is mostly the time involved.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Lps and CD -R
« Reply #2 on: 5 Dec 2020, 03:10 am »
If possíble use hi quality média CDR as Taiyo Yuden .