SilverSmith cables bring $2550 for Red Cross

John Casler

SilverSmith cables bring $2550 for Red Cross
« on: 26 Sep 2005, 04:25 am »
I have to tell you it got awfully hot in Kevin Deal's house this afternoon as the bidding started for the pair of 1 meter Silversmith IC's contributed by Jeff Smith of SilverSmith Cables, with 100% of the proceeds to go to the Red Cross.

I think the retail list on the pair was $1495, but that didn't stop the bidding.

4-5 bidders stayed in until the $1000 mark and then it was Kevin Deal and another of our established members (maybe someone can help me out with the name.)

But the bidding went up in $100 jumps to $1500, then $50 to $1550, when Kevin threw in the towel and announced that he would simply contribute $1000 to the winning bid amount which was $1550, so in all the cables brought in $2550 for the Red Cross and Hurricane victims.

It was a great moment (unless you wanted to get those cables for $400)

John Casler

Here is the "official announcement"
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2005, 11:23 pm »
Here is the "official announcement":

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society Announcement

Our Event at Upscale Audio was a gigantic success and a wonderful tribute to the generosity of Southern California's top Audiophiles. We raised a grand total of $3000 in our raffle and auction that will go directly to the Red Cross for Katrina Relief.

Heartfelt thanks to the very generous Jeffrey Smith, CEO of Silversmith Cables, to Kevin Deal, CEO of Upscale Audio, and Jim Wang, CEO of Harmonic Technology for their wonderful contributions to this important cause. And thankyou! Kevin for your terrific hospitality! My friends, I don't know if there is a New Orleans Audio Society, but I do know we would be most greatful if we were in need and they sent us help. Thank you Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society!

Coming Soon: Ambrosia Audio and Video Presents: All things Meridian and More! Plus, an ENORMOUS LP SALE of the CENTURY!!!! Our Audiophile Host, David Weinhart, will guide us through one of the PREMIER audio and video salons in the world. Cool raffle featuring $900 Hovland Phono Interconnects and more to be announced soon!
Lunch served and selected by our own VP Hajime Sato. Guests and New Members most welcome. Ambrosia Audio and Video 2337 Roscomare Road, Bel Air http://www.ambrosia.com/ 310-440-5523 Sunday 2-5pm Oct. 30th.

Check out our calendar of events and send in your check for the big 12th Anniversary Celebration and Banquet on December 11th with Harry Pearson, our Keynote Speaker! Now's the time!

Warmest thanks to all of you and great listening,

Bob Levi

President

Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society     www.laocaudiosociety.com  for all future events

America's Premier Audio Society       Celebrating our 12th Anniversary Year!        714-281-5850