Newbie Looking for Info On ACI Jaguar DIY Speakers

klooker

Hello.

I'm new here (can't use the search function yet) and looking for info on the Audio Concepts Inc. (ACI) Jaguar kit.

A friend of mine bought the components, built the cabinets, but never finished them. I'm staring at the crossovers trying to figure out how they are to be connected. Here's a photo.

Thanks,
Kevin Looker

77SunsetStrip

Re: Newbie Looking for Info On ACI Jaguar DIY Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2021, 09:42 pm »
There are some changes would suggest for that crossover to avoid future problems.  Get rid of the yellow twist on connectors.  Solder all connections.  Same for the push on connectors.  Solder to the speaker terminals and input connectors. Hard to tell what wire gauge or type.  Would not hurt to go a little bigger, copper conductor. 

It appears ACI is not around today.  The crossover has the look of several years old, therefore consider some component updates.  Get rid of the cement resistors.  Replace with better quality, same Watt rating.  The caps could be OK if they are a "name" brand.  Typically inductors should not all be oriented the same.  Upper right and lower left flip up on edge. 

Most of all, have fun and enjoy.

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Re: Newbie Looking for Info On ACI Jaguar DIY Speakers
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2021, 09:32 pm »
Before you start mucking with it you want to hook it up and make sure it works.

If you trace the network it will be fairly easy to figure out where the wires go.

dave