VMPS Speaker Owner -- Introduction

BEYoung

VMPS Speaker Owner -- Introduction
« on: 1 Feb 2024, 05:00 am »
By way of introduction -- proud owner of VMPS Tower II-SEs, Ribbon LCRs, older 626s, Tall Boy SW, and FF1s with the Dyna ribbons and Megawoofers.

T-II-SEs and 626s were modernized a number of years back with WCF midbasses/megawoofers. Any input in the way of '...if it were me I would...' is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

BEY

GeorgeAb

Re: VMPS Speaker Owner -- Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2024, 04:09 am »
Hi Bey,

Welcome! Please pardon the late welcome. We are a bit of slackers over here on the AC's VMPS sub forum. If it was me, I would enjoy them. Attention to detail in setting up has huge benefits. With Brian providing truly full range speakers getting the bass right can be a challenge particulary in a smaller roon. The Acoustics circle has tons of usefull information for dialing in your environment. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=73.0 

BrentSnyder

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2024, 10:01 pm »
Welcome Bey.  What a great collection you have.  Are you running all of them in a single setup?  If so, it must sound quite amazing.  Enjoy!!!

BEYoung

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2024, 07:51 pm »
Thank you Brent

Home Theater (HT):  Front -- Tower II SEs with megawoofer upgrade, Center -- QSO626s (horizontal centers at sides of Display due to cpnstraints) upgraded midbass drivers, Surrounds -- older dipole surrounds.  Tallboy sub to be rejuvenated for addition to HT.

Two sets of LCRs: too big for living room HT (WF'tor constraint?!) sitting idle at the moment

2-channel system: FF1s

Dedicated sub in master bedroom integrated with soundbars...

Unfortunately the family really doesn't appreciate being able to 'move air' for true HT effect -- like the cannon shots in Master&Commander! :-). ...so expansion is problematic.
Aside:  in upstate NY and a few years back a Craigslist by a Vermonter literally giving away a New Larger Sub... I didn't know how to explain myself if I were to have brought it home! Arghhh...

BEY

BrentSnyder

« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2024, 08:26 pm »
You're welcome BEY.  Wow, that is impressive and must sound incredible. I am using my ST/RSE as double duty 2 channel and HT at the moment, without a surround processor or sub I might add, and the tv/movie sound is great.  I want to get a new amp, surround processor and an LRC for the center.  Perhaps a new preamp depending on how the new amp sounds with my current Emotiva PT1.  I hear you about the explaining part, when the W saw the ST/RSE she was stunned but lives with them after I told her how big the TII or TIII's are.  :lol: Have fun listening to it all!!!