BRIAN's SONG: It is with great sadness that I must post Brian Cheney has passed

John Casler

I have received the following message from Brian's wife Shirley.

"Brian Cheney passed last night.  He was a wonderful husband, loving father, great speaker designer, and audiophile.  A sincere thank you to all friends and customers who enriched his life. 

Brian's Wife,
Shirley Cheney"

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
I am saddened by his passing, as I always enjoy and respect those who speak their mind, stick to their guns, and know what they're doing.

John Casler

Shirley's e-mail to me was appropriately titled: BRIAN'S SONG so I have retitled this post the same.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Sad news for we audiophiles and to his friends.
RIP

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
I have been following the threads regarding Brian's health. This is very sad indeed. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio

StereoNut

Sorry to hear that.  :(

SoCalWJS

R.I.P. Brian. Condolences and Prayers to the Family

Mike B.

rpf

R.I.P.  Condolences to the family and friends.

Big Red Machine

Very sorry to hear this.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Rest in peace, Brian.

Kim S.

rbbert

Very sad news indeed.  I'm especially glad that I had the pleasure of speaking to him (by phone) just a couple of months ago, when he sounded his usual enthusiastic self.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
As I said in the other thread, I was worried that his long hospital stay was not good news.  :(   Thoughts and prayers are with his family.  Brian broke the mold; he was what makes finding new friends such an enriching experience.  Rest In Peace Brian.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
This is very unfortunate. Although I never owned or heard VMPS speakers, I always heard accolades about them from show goers. Irrespective, the loss of a loved one is very difficult to bear. A deep loss to our small audiophile community.

RIP Brian,

Anand.

buddyiramae

May God rest his soul. He has gone to a better place & will always be remembered. My condolences to Shirley & the rest of his family.

BobRex

Wow!  Sleep well my friend.

Phil A

Really sorry to hear this.  When I saw the other thread, I was afraid the news wasn't good,  RIP