Conversation Starter - How Loud Do You Listen To Music?

Wayner

Re: Conversation Starter - How Loud Do You Listen To Music?
« Reply #20 on: 5 Sep 2022, 07:54 pm »
I listen at level 2 or 3. My days of "at the live concert" levels are long gone.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #21 on: 5 Sep 2022, 08:54 pm »
I saw John Cale in a nightclub and stupidly stood by a PA stack.
Funny!  Not a fan... his 4'33" is my favorite of his works. 

Daryl Zero

« Reply #22 on: 6 Sep 2022, 01:35 am »
Funny!  Not a fan... his 4'33" is my favorite of his works.

It was an interesting concert though not one of my favorites. I didn't realize that I was standing right next to the stack until later with the sort of underwater feeling you get when you've listened to something too loud.

AllanS

« Reply #23 on: 6 Sep 2022, 05:52 am »
The Who hold the world record of the loudest concert at 126db.

That’ll be then next thread - loudest concert you ever attended.  Had to be Judas Priest.

For this thread typically 55dB average @8’ from the speakers by my not so trusty phone app.

Mr. Big

« Reply #24 on: 6 Sep 2022, 02:28 pm »
Eric Clapton concert in the late 70s, it was ear bleeding loud that many left the concert to stand in the outer entrance hall area, and after Cocaine 1/2 of the 20,000 left the show which I thought odd, they stayed to hear that song I guess. Even earplugs sounded loud. My ears rang for 2 days after the concert. That back even then was not at all an enjoyable concert. Muddy Waters Opened for him, so that was cool and the highlight.

marc513

« Reply #25 on: 6 Sep 2022, 03:25 pm »
The loudest rock concert and I have seen well over 200 in my 69 years has to be Hawkwind way back in the 70’s but I sure can not remember the date . Wow just looked they are still active but with many personal changes guess I will have to take a look at Qobuz . I worked for the airlines on the ramp 33 years with hearing protection, all the concerts 94 dead shows and a life long audiophile I guess I am lucky I have fairly good hearing at my age and history . I also could add acoustic music and classical music shows another 200 or so . At home my IPhone 11 says with everything off c weighted is about 32 dB and music runs average high 70 dB to peaks about 90-91 dB when I rock out .