Usher Av preamp

Brendan

Usher Av preamp
« on: 5 Jan 2004, 09:53 pm »
Has anyone used the usher AV preamp?

I've had mine for a while now and was looking to converse with other owners.

Thanks,

Brendan

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Usher Av preamp
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2004, 10:52 pm »
Hi Brendan,
   As you already know, there are not a lot of these pieces in the country yet. I am the only dealer to bring them in. My initial order was small only to see how well they would do. At this point, I have only one left from this initial order.

Customer feedback has been very good so far refering to this product as a great value. I will post a link on my website page for this product to direct the other owners' to this circle for further discussion.

I have placed another larger order for these processors and hope to get more out there.

I also have one at home in my personal system. (I really need to get the manual converted into English). So far....So good, the whole family is really enjoying Digital surround.

"Finding Nemo never sounded so cooool daddy", says one of my 5 year old twin boys.

KKM

Usher Av preamp
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2004, 04:39 pm »
That seems like a nice unit for the money, but is that an older model? Seems like all the processors and receivers today have 7.1 Surround , Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS-ES Discrete, Matrix and DTS Neo:6 that's missing from this unit. Is there a way to upgrade or is there a unit in the future that might include those? Thanks.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Usher Av preamp
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2004, 06:24 pm »
Quote from: KKM
That seems like a nice unit for the money, but is that an older model? Seems like all the processors and receivers today have 7.1 Surround , Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS-ES Discrete, Matrix and DTS Neo:6 that's missing from this unit. Is there a way to upgrade or is there a unit in the future that might include those? Thanks.

I would not look for future upgrades to this pieces. This processor was introduced as an affordable way for 2-channel people to have digital home theater without sacrificing their 2-channel setup. It is very good at what it does (Digital/DTS/Pro-Logic) at $600 but was not designed for a no-holds-bar future upgradable unit.