Streamer

Jetpilot

Streamer
« on: 28 Apr 2022, 12:19 am »
I am looking for a streamer recommendations for my evolution one mono blocks and Evo dac also thinking of adding AMG PRA apparently it raises the level of performance

rustydoglim

Re: Streamer
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2022, 05:33 am »
If you are just listening to online music, Stream Mini output to Evo DAC is good enough.
Otherwise go with Stream-9, but you can also use Stream Mini for now, until Evolution Stream comes out around Oct/November 2022.

Eugenio_Fen

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2022, 02:39 pm »
In my opinion, the Evo series lacks the possibility of having at least one line input to be able to connect a turntable. A preamplifier is also missing in the Evo category, but this problem can be overcome by the presence of the good volume control inserted in the Evo Dac. Since a new high-end streamer is expected to be included in the Evo series, I would recommend adding a line input. Jason had justified that in the Evo Dac the line input had not been inserted because this would have decreased the sound quality, but the problem of having a line input in the Evo series remains. Thank you Jason in advance if he will be able to answer.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2022, 05:05 pm »
I think there will be an analog input for Evo Stream, but it is used for re-streaming and has A2D conversion, not at the high-end quality of a pure preamp switch.

The new PRA-9X ($1195) is incredibly good, the performance even surpassed the old $3000 NuForce P-9.  I will check with our chief engineer if he can endorse this pairing of 9 series model with Evo series, meaning if he agrees that PRA-9X is good enough to be used with Evo DAC.

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2022, 06:54 pm »
In my opinion, the Evo series lacks the possibility of having at least one line input to be able to connect a turntable. A preamplifier is also missing in the Evo category, but this problem can be overcome by the presence of the good volume control inserted in the Evo Dac. Since a new high-end streamer is expected to be included in the Evo series, I would recommend adding a line input. Jason had justified that in the Evo Dac the line input had not been inserted because this would have decreased the sound quality, but the problem of having a line input in the Evo series remains. Thank you Jason in advance if he will be able to answer.

There are a couple ways to address the need for an "analog' input.

1) I think our New Zealand dealer added the AMG PRA to the path to get the analog inputs.  I have a few customers, who have also used this combination, and found it satisfying.

2) Look at the new AMG DAC which also has the Analog Input.

Eugenio_Fen

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2022, 07:28 pm »
Many thanks Rustydoglim. The possibility of using the PRA9X as a preamplifier is certainly interesting if it is considered suitable also for the Evo series. It is a pity that for a low output MC cartridge it is necessary to buy a Step Up but maybe it can be convenient in terms of quality. sound. I believe the built-in MM phono in the PRA9X works very well.