NEW! Daedalus Speaker Stability Bases.

GregC

Re: NEW! Daedalus Speaker Stability Bases.
« Reply #20 on: 14 Mar 2021, 11:49 pm »
I had Lou's top of the line silver Daedalus cones before I purchased the rails.  I am glad Lou was able to sell the rails without the cones.

The SQ was excellent before I installed the rails, and remained as good (or slightly better) after installing the rails.  Because I moved the speakers and re-positioned them I cannot say how much SQ improvement was from the rails, and what could be attributed to repositioning the speakers.  Also, the rails brought the tweeter height up slightly which worked better for my setup.

My primary objective for the rails was because I wanted to make sure the speakers are as stable as possible, and I like the aesthetics of outrigger rails.

I would recommend them based on my experience.   

Bones13

« Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2021, 10:18 am »
I had Lou's top of the line silver Daedalus cones before I purchased the rails.  I am glad Lou was able to sell the rails without the cones.

The SQ was excellent before I installed the rails, and remained as good (or slightly better) after installing the rails.  Because I moved the speakers and re-positioned them I cannot say how much SQ improvement was from the rails, and what could be attributed to repositioning the speakers.  Also, the rails brought the tweeter height up slightly which worked better for my setup.

My primary objective for the rails was because I wanted to make sure the speakers are as stable as possible, and I like the aesthetics of outrigger rails.

I would recommend them based on my experience.   

My exact experience, as well. Silver stainless cones. I also use silver speaker DiDs. I moved my speakers another 3 inches out while repositioning things. I really like the added stability.

rbbert

« Reply #22 on: 10 Apr 2021, 12:30 pm »
After a couple of weeks with my updated Ulysses (new tweeters and midrange, stability bases with stainless cones) I am very satisfied.  Other things in my 5.1 system have changed as well, but I can listen to a dedicated stereo signal path only, and notice a smoother, more open sound than I remember.  Bass may be a little better as well, it’s hard for me to tell since some aspects of the room have also changed.

jdavis37

« Reply #23 on: 10 Apr 2021, 02:30 pm »
After a couple of weeks with my updated Ulysses (new tweeters and midrange, stability bases with stainless cones) I am very satisfied.  Other things in my 5.1 system have changed as well, but I can listen to a dedicated stereo signal path only, and notice a smoother, more open sound than I remember.  Bass may be a little better as well, it’s hard for me to tell since some aspects of the room have also changed.

Good to hear! My Ulysses will soon be travelling across country for the V.3 upgrade and I like hearing the mids are smoother and more open. I'm looking forward to the refresh and upgrade!