Nuforce P-20 Pre Amp

worldcat

Nuforce P-20 Pre Amp
« on: 7 Aug 2013, 01:58 pm »
Was wondering has anyone heard one?  If so can they describe the sound of it?

worldcat

Re: Nuforce P-20 Pre Amp
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2013, 07:41 pm »
Yes i read those reviews they were great.  Anyone else that one's one could comment?

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2013, 08:37 pm »
Please note that I work with NuFORCE on Products and also with their US Dealers.

That said, I have the P-20 in my dedicated 2 channel system, and have directly compared it to my past Bryston BP-26 and to NO Preamp running direct from the DAC-9 into the amps.

It is hands down better that either of those, and to my ears, better than any Preamp I have heard.

It does ALL the standard thing the GREATEST Pre's do like incredible detail, super dynamics, spectacular frequency balance, and excellent midrange.  However it also does a few extra's that set it apart.

3-D Imaging:  I am BIG on imaging.  I like life-sized performers set in 3-D space or sonic holograms.  The P-20 does this better than any Preamp I have heard

Depth:  Compared to the P-20, everything else I have used or heard is "FLAT-FLAT FLAT".  The very first thing I noticed was the perception of sonic depth.

Soundstage: In general all my other preamps or NO preamps had good soundstage, but it seems the P-20 with its depth also adds some height and width, for a far more realistic presentation

Liquidity:  And finally, somehow, someway, the P-20 is able to offer a more liquid presentation without losing any of the micro-detail of the frequency spectrum.  Detail, dynamics, impact and decay are all presented without edgy sharpness of some.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2013, 09:35 pm »
John,
What is the gain of the P-20 (both unbalanced and balanced)?  I don't see the spec anywhere.  I remember the P9 as being pretty low.

worldcat

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm »
Is this pre fully balanced?

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2013, 12:14 am »
According to the CTO:

P20 is internally single-ended design.   

The maximum gain is 12dB, same for both RCA and XLR.