Servey on waitng for Nicholas??

Dexsam

Re: Survey on waitng for Nicholas??
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jun 2008, 07:48 am »
Hi everyone,

I am a new customer of Promitheus and recently took delivery of the DAC.  I was lucky as I did not wait too long after ordering and paying up.  Further, I had the 'luxury' of collecting the DAC from his office instead of waiting for shipment as I lived near his place.  However, I agree with you guys that getting Nic to reply your email is getting from bad to worse.

Last week when I met him, I did remind him of the mounting complaints about his slow or no response to emails from the community but he maintained that he has 'email problems'.  I do not know what that actually means, but we don't need to be an IT expert to know that such problems should be sorted out in a matter of days  (the most) - the internet service can't be down the whole time!  I am sure Nic can read about all these in forum as long as he got internet connection eventhough his email server may be out.

I suggest the following to immediately rectify the situation lest the frustration may drive away many customers:-
1) Reply quickly through the forum - answer to those who waited long
2) Provide an alternative email address besides the server mail (yahoo, gmail or whatever) and answer promptly
3) Should provide an "order number" for each order and publish the STATUS of each order in official website so each customer can follow/check anytime.  The list should just include details like order date, order number and item name and 'Status' and should be updated daily.  STATUS example : Order > Paid > Building > Completed > Testing > Shipped (date ship) > Received.  In this way customers dont need to keep emailing to him asking for status and jam up the mailbox, leaving only technical questions to read and reply.
4) He should leave the above administrative work to an assistant and he can concentrate on the technical work and business
Thanks for reading
Regards,

munosmario

Re: Servey on waitng for Nicholas??
« Reply #21 on: 2 Jun 2008, 11:44 pm »
Excellent idea. Peace and harmony...and good business through common sense. Obviously it has to be a secured password protected area of Promitheus website. Each customer together with order number and password given with order confirmation email could access the "Order Status" area of website  :thumb:.

shamanic

« Reply #22 on: 5 Jun 2008, 09:05 am »
There is no doubt that Nicholas makes excellent products.I have bought tvc, 45/2a3 tube amps,300b amps, various cables,feet etc. For the 2a3 amps Nicholas quoted me six weeks....it took over six months.I ordered the 300b amps in November 2007 arrived March 2008. One amp was not working.
I am currently still waiting for the replacement.
Communication is almost non existent and so a customer becomes quite naturally angry about the situation. If only Nicholas would understand the importance of keeping his customers informed and be realistic about build and delivery times we wouldn't feel let down.I think Nicholas probably has too many products and not enough resources and time to fulfill orders in a reasonable time.Eventually this will mean losing long time customers and potential customers will look elsewhere.Places like diyhifisupply in Hong Kong have a much more professional attitude and service.
I want Nicholas to be successful and think his heart is in the right place, but if he carries on like this he will not only have business losses but his health will suffer too. Working long hours day in and day out is a recipe for potential disaster.

drcruz

« Reply #23 on: 6 Jun 2008, 05:06 am »
I read a review some where that Promitheus (Nicholas) is a victim of their(his) own success (IOW's providing outstanding products at reasonable prices, which in turn causes FLOODS of orders).

I'm wondering how other manufactuer w/ similar quality products keep up?

May be one suggestion would be to not take any new orders until the number of back orders has been reduced to a more managable size. Also, unfortunately, Nicholas may have to raise his prices to slow the number of orders. If Nicholas raises prices, then he may be able to out source more.

CAVEAT: I do not own or know how to run a business.

I'm very happy w/ my Hometheater TVC and I wouldn't want what has happened to Welborne Labs to happen to Promitheus. I was promised my order in 4 weeks and it was filled in 6 - I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS.

jadis boy

« Reply #24 on: 9 Jun 2008, 02:25 pm »
hello i am form greece and my name is Nicholas
I order last week one TVC reference series C-core with silver wire all this i pay with pay pal i send to Nicholas promitheus e-mail and i not  receive any answer please can help me how to conect with nicholas

Best Regards

jadis boy

« Reply #25 on: 9 Jun 2008, 03:49 pm »
hello i am form greece and my name is Nicholas
I order last week one TVC reference series C-core with silver wire all this i pay with pay pal i send to Nicholas promitheus e-mail and i not  receive any answer please can help me how to conect with nicholas

Best Regards
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I talk now with Nicholas all ok
Thanks

twice

« Reply #26 on: 14 Jun 2008, 04:14 pm »
Nick quote me a 3 to 4 weeks delivery but it has been 2.5 months upon full payment (more than 1.6 grand in total).
It would be fine for me if he told me in the first place the lead time will be a 3 months or even half year. What a pity Nick fail to honor his promise!  :duh:

Brown

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jun 2008, 03:28 pm »
Bought a dual mono used. No waiting. So far so good, but not 100% convinced yet. Its time to delve inside and see what can be done to improve it. New attenuators seem to be a good place to start. The ones used appear to be its weakest link. We shall see if a Dact will improve matters.

supergroverd

« Reply #28 on: 17 Jun 2008, 01:19 pm »
He quys,

I started this thread. And guess what.....   :)  I just received  first shipment of seven boxes. Still ave to unpack, but will let you know in the very near future

Cheers

twice

« Reply #29 on: 18 Jun 2008, 12:44 am »
the "butterfily effect"!

NewBuyer

« Reply #30 on: 15 Jul 2008, 06:25 am »
Nick quote me a 3 to 4 weeks delivery but it has been 2.5 months upon full payment (more than 1.6 grand in total).
It would be fine for me if he told me in the first place the lead time will be a 3 months or even half year. What a pity Nick fail to honor his promise!  :duh:

Hey twice,

Did you ever get your gear? I too have been waiting for many months...

tanchiro58

« Reply #31 on: 15 Jul 2008, 03:41 pm »
Bought a dual mono used. No waiting. So far so good, but not 100% convinced yet. Its time to delve inside and see what can be done to improve it. New attenuators seem to be a good place to start. The ones used appear to be its weakest link. We shall see if a Dact will improve matters.

I replaced with dual mono Elma 23 step attenuators to my Apollo preamp and it produces a stunning sound but you need also to swap some of high quality resistors like Riken or AN tantalums and better quality PS capacitors you will be in the heaven!!! :thumb:

Besides audiophiles and/or musiclovers would like to purchase affordable audio components within your budgets with good to decent (at least) quality of sound that match their sonic tastes you need to BE PATIENT awaiting your orders to be completely done and shipped to your doors but then you will be very very very satisfied and worth your times.  My two cents.
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2008, 07:07 pm by tanchiro58 »

jadis boy

« Reply #32 on: 16 Jul 2008, 07:06 am »
tanchiro58  what attenuators have before change ?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #33 on: 16 Jul 2008, 07:39 am »
He quys,

I started this thread. And guess what.....   :)  I just received  first shipment of seven boxes. Still ave to unpack, but will let you know in the very near future

Cheers

Well it's been almost a month now,,,,, is that Promitheus (very near future) time you're using there?  :D

Cheers,
Robin

rythmik

• Industry Participant
    • Rythmik Audio
« Reply #34 on: 26 Jul 2008, 04:12 am »
Well, I have been waiting for a pair of SET amps for quite a few months now. I am wondering what your secret is to get him deliver. In my case, I am trading four sets of servo subwoofers for a pair of his SET amps.  I have sent my subwoofers in Feb. But so far I haven't received anything back from him. Get hold of him a couple of times via emails and then lost from him.  I am hoping for the best now.

NewBuyer

« Reply #35 on: 26 Jul 2008, 04:51 am »
Same here. Many months now, and still absolutely no word or delivery from Nick. Is he still in business, and/or should we be concerned?  :!:

tanchiro58

« Reply #36 on: 26 Jul 2008, 06:10 am »
tanchiro58  what attenuators have before change ?

Before the change I got the same stock attenuators as of many previous Promitheus Audio TVC. It looks like this

elb

« Reply #37 on: 26 Jul 2008, 10:51 am »
Maybe Nicholas should set up a factory in China,lower overheads and higher production output!Could be the solution to keep the punters happy.

jadis boy

« Reply #38 on: 27 Jul 2008, 09:08 am »
Maybe Nicholas should set up a factory in China,lower overheads and higher production output!Could be the solution to keep the punters happy.
and the quality ?????you think is same or the mistakes is more

fanswing

« Reply #39 on: 28 Jul 2008, 03:03 pm »
I ordered a pair of Signature C Core TVC from Nicholas on 2 May 2008 and I have the unit arrived on 17 July 2008.    aa

And by the way Nicholas replied all my emails although sometimes I had to send "resent mails" to remind him.  I am happy to do business and appreciate the communication with him.