MAME on HT?

EchiDna

MAME on HT?
« on: 10 May 2004, 11:20 pm »
Hi All,
Anyone playing Mame on their HT?
I've got about 500 or so roms and really enjoy playing some classic arcade games on my projector ;-)
sort of makes the 14 inch monitors in cocktail tables seem obsolete!

also playing a fair bit of Colin McRae 4 with steering wheel etc... great fun and much better sound than the old bleeps and blips of the yesteryear arcade games in Mame!

now if only I could figure out some way of using my keyboard and mouse comfortably on my couch for some FPS gaming.... *sigh*

Tonto Yoder

MAME on HT?
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2004, 01:17 am »
I'm confused.  Where else would you play a Broadway musical except on a Home Theater setup????  

EchiDna

MAME on HT?
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2004, 03:20 am »
ok perhaps I should have included a link! :)
http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32/index.htm
http://www.mameworld.net/

btw, MAME stands for:

Multiple
Arcade
Machine
Emulator

just in case that wasn't clear!

mgalusha

MAME on HT?
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2004, 03:21 am »
I haven't tried in on my projector but I have lots of ROMS as well. A friend of mine went so far as to buy an older stand up arcade game and put a PC into it with all the MAME ROMS. He used pro grade joysticks and controls. Very slick setup.

TY - In this case MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. Basically it allows a PC to emulate old arcade game hardware and folks have captured the ROM game code and made it available. More info: www.mame.net . Of course you may be joking and I'm wasting valuable pixels. :D

mg

Edit: Looks like EchiDna beat me by 1 minute.

Tonto Yoder

MAME on HT?
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2004, 10:11 am »
Quote from: mgalusha

TY - In this case MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator..... More info: www.mame.net . Of course you may be joking and I'm wasting valuable pixels. :D

mg

Well, OK I WAS joking.

mgalusha

MAME on HT?
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2004, 01:07 am »
Quote from: Tonto Yoder
Well, OK I WAS joking.

I suspected as much and it is appreciated.  :lol: