The upgrade bug!

Ola_S

The upgrade bug!
« on: 8 Apr 2019, 04:42 pm »
Ever since I bought my first Bryston amplifiers (7B-ST) like 15 years ago I have always liked the brand and the people behind it. A few weeks ago I sold my pair of 7B Cubed and my 28B-SST went a few months before that. Since I became a father I thought that I could live with my integrated Bryston B135SST2. One evening it however decided to set itself to maximum gain (N.B. without moving the volume knob), I got a heart attack but due to the modest power of the B135 the speakers survived. Living without Bryston gear is a hard life so this weekend I got myself a couple of new babies  :P

Prior to these  I have had the following power amps from Bryston
Bryston 7B-ST
Bryston 6B-SST
Bryston 28B-SST
Bryston 7B3

Mag

Re: The upgrade bug!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2019, 05:09 pm »
Cannot go wrong buying Bryston gear, and you have peace of mind knowing Bryston's services their product. 8)

Grant Hill

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2019, 05:31 pm »
congratulations! and great system!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2019, 05:51 pm »
SUPERB !!!!

Ola_S

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2019, 02:07 pm »
congratulations! and great system!
Thanks! :D

Ola_S

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2019, 02:09 pm »
SUPERB !!!!
Yes, thank you for making these kind of extraordinary products!  :inlove:

Nordkapp

« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2019, 03:08 pm »
Looks great. We need a whole system pic though.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2019, 07:45 pm »

...cool system indeed! :thumb:

al.

artur9

« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2019, 09:35 pm »
"Sybarite Audio" is a great name for an audio company.  I like your Primare, too.

The Brystons definitely have pride of place!

Ola_S

« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2019, 08:34 pm »
Looks great. We need a whole system pic though.
Here som old pics, will try to make a new photo in the week.

Some old gear

Ola_S

« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr 2019, 08:35 pm »
"Sybarite Audio" is a great name for an audio company.
it is the brand from of friend of mine, I actually came up with the name  :D

Nordkapp

« Reply #11 on: 14 Apr 2019, 08:41 pm »
Here som old pics, will try to make a new photo in the week.

Some old gear

That's a lot of Bryston. Bravo.

tcmo

« Reply #12 on: 15 Apr 2019, 10:07 pm »
Nice system but I am replying to another statement in the post.  My B135SST2 did the same thing yours did-went to clipping volume by itself.  No harm that I can tell but still disturbing.  Did you find out why it happened?  Have other owners had this problem?
Thanks.

Ola_S

« Reply #13 on: 16 Apr 2019, 11:07 am »
Nice system but I am replying to another statement in the post.  My B135SST2 did the same thing yours did-went to clipping volume by itself.  No harm that I can tell but still disturbing.  Did you find out why it happened?  Have other owners had this problem?
Thanks.
Since I live abroad, I have sent the amp to my friend and he will bring it to the distributer (hopefully next week). The problems with my B135SST2 started when it stop reacting to the remote control. After pushing the internal SW-reset button, it started to work again and so I guess it was a SW-bug. It worked flawlessly for a week or so but then it started to act strangely. Sometimes the output was zero even though the volume was not turned down, by moving the volume knob the sound came back. Then one day the minimum volume was still pretty high, when I wiggled the volume knob side to side (not turning) the volume changed, so it seems to some sort of signal/sensor problem. Since the incident with the full volume I have not used the preamp section but used to main in and an external preamp.

I don't want to experience "the full volume prank" once more so I won't use it until I know that it is fixed. Will keep you posted in this thread.

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #14 on: 16 Apr 2019, 11:18 am »
Very nice ,also great to be able to get lots of hours of enjoyment

I have the 7b3 ,would be nice to have the budget to go to the 28b3 blocks,,,i get about 20 to 30 hours a week of play time,as i am retired

tcmo

« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2019, 12:33 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I do not have a remote.  At times it seems the volume slightly changes by itself but that could be my imagination.  Wiggling the volume control does not affect the volume, only rotating it.  My problem was over a year ago and it has not done it since.  Again, thank you.

HifiDan

« Reply #16 on: 28 Apr 2019, 03:40 pm »
Ola-s very nice set-up, what kind of subs? They look awsome
Happy listening
Dan

Ola_S

« Reply #17 on: 29 Apr 2019, 09:04 pm »
It is a Ino Audio Profundus Infra-Y6 system. Six sealed boxes each containing a Ino w121x driver; designed by Ino Audio and manufactured of Scan Speak. Flat respons down to ca 5-6Hz and max spl  @16Hz >128dB.

HifiDan

« Reply #18 on: 29 Apr 2019, 09:34 pm »
Ola-s, whow these are bass beasts. How much for one unit?
I did some diy ported 12 inch ,i can only go to 23 hz -3 db. Your specs are out of this world
I envy you .....
Dan

Ola_S

« Reply #19 on: 30 Apr 2019, 03:48 pm »
Ola-s, whow these are bass beasts. How much for one unit?
I did some diy ported 12 inch ,i can only go to 23 hz -3 db. Your specs are out of this world
I envy you .....
Dan

My speakers without the bass modules are achieving full output to around 20Hz (one 9 inch woofer per speaker) depending on room. In an old room I actually had -3dB at 18 Hz, pretty amazing for such small speakers. Here a measurement with and without the Infra-system.