BDP-1 and MPod

jas007

BDP-1 and MPod
« on: 8 Jun 2011, 08:33 pm »
OK, I have a BDP-1 hooked up to a BDA-1.  I have a Mac computer and network and an IPod Touch with MPod loaded.  It usually works just fine - I can browse my USB drives and all the directors and play songs, albums, etc.  And yet once in a while, the MPod loses track of what it's doing.  For example, I get a phone call and stop the music for a few minutes.  I can resume playing where I left off, but somehow, if I then want to switch albums, the MPod appears to work, and yet the info is not transmitted to the BP-1.  It keeps trying to play the same album I had been playing.

If I restart the BDP-1, all is well.  Anyone else had that problem?

By the way they system sounds fantastic.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDP-1 and MPod
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jun 2011, 09:30 pm »
OK, I have a BDP-1 hooked up to a BDA-1.  I have a Mac computer and network and an IPod Touch with MPod loaded.  It usually works just fine - I can browse my USB drives and all the directors and play songs, albums, etc.  And yet once in a while, the MPod loses track of what it's doing.  For example, I get a phone call and stop the music for a few minutes.  I can resume playing where I left off, but somehow, if I then want to switch albums, the MPod appears to work, and yet the info is not transmitted to the BP-1.  It keeps trying to play the same album I had been playing.

If I restart the BDP-1, all is well.  Anyone else had that problem?

By the way they system sounds fantastic.

Hi jas

The only time I have seen that it turned out to be a router problem.

James

jas007

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2011, 09:55 pm »
Router problem?  OK.  It's no big deal.  It has only happened twice, and it's easily fixed.  I just restart the BDP-1.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2011, 10:05 pm »
Router problem?  OK.  It's no big deal.  It has only happened twice, and it's easily fixed.  I just restart the BDP-1.

Try restarting the MPOD program instead of the BDP-1 and see if that works.

james

jas007

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2011, 11:44 pm »
I tried restarting the MPod.  Didn't work, so I restarted everything.  The cable modem, the wireless router, the computer, the MPod and the BDP-1.  It's working again.  I guess it's somewhere in my system, as the BDP-1 always works just fine from the keypad on the front of it.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2011, 11:50 pm »
I tried restarting the MPod.  Didn't work, so I restarted everything.  The cable modem, the wireless router, the computer, the MPod and the BDP-1.  It's working again.  I guess it's somewhere in my system, as the BDP-1 always works just fine from the keypad on the front of it.

Yes if the front panel works then it has to the network.

James

jas007

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2011, 10:53 pm »
Just to bump this threat up the top, in case anyone has any ideas.  The problem is now happening all the time.  But it seems to be a MPOD problem.  If I open the Bryston Firefox app, all is well.

Anyone have any ideas?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2011, 01:19 am »
Just to bump this threat up the top, in case anyone has any ideas.  The problem is now happening all the time.  But it seems to be a MPOD problem.  If I open the Bryston Firefox app, all is well.

Anyone have any ideas?

There is an updated app for mpod to download.

James

skunark

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2011, 05:38 am »
I'm curious if there is an issue with an button on the "now playing" screen.   Right above the "album" there is probably a "+" icon what if you click turns into a recycle, redo or circlish icon.      When it's a plus icon it will only add songs to the end of the playlist (append) and when it's a circle icon, if you add a song or album it will clear the playlist before adding a song.   I'm guessing that is what you are experiencing.   

When I do exit the app and rejoin, or even use another app, the playlist will appear on any device that I have running and I can control it from any app.   It's rather a nice feature there are more than one listener...but I think this is a bad icon introduced by the creators of mpod which results in user error.

I hope that helps.

jas007

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2011, 02:18 pm »
I'm curious if there is an issue with an button on the "now playing" screen.   Right above the "album" there is probably a "+" icon what if you click turns into a recycle, redo or circlish icon.      When it's a plus icon it will only add songs to the end of the playlist (append) and when it's a circle icon, if you add a song or album it will clear the playlist before adding a song.   I'm guessing that is what you are experiencing.   

When I do exit the app and rejoin, or even use another app, the playlist will appear on any device that I have running and I can control it from any app.   It's rather a nice feature there are more than one listener...but I think this is a bad icon introduced by the creators of mpod which results in user error.

I hope that helps.

Thanks a lot!  Maybe that was the problem.  You're a genius!

Leave it to me to accidentally push the wrong button.