Bryston B60

lanchile

Bryston B60
« on: 3 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm »
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2011, 09:32 pm by lanchile »

Stu Pitt

Re: Bryston B60R
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2011, 11:34 pm »
I'd list it here in the Marketplace section for a little while.  If no takers, Audiogon.  I wouldn't mess with eBay, but that's just me.  I haven't sold anything there, but I know several who have.  Most have been burned a few times too many. 

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2011, 01:31 am »
Agree with Stu Pitt's advice to list the amp here first. It will sell if priced right.
As for his ebay comments though, I have sold many items on ebay and have never been burned. As a buyer I've been burned, but not as a seller.

headshrinker2

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2011, 03:48 am »
Have you considered picking up a S/H B100SST?

I have had very good luck buying and selling on both Ebay and Audiogon.  One can tell a lot from description, pics, and user ratings/feedback. 

BTW, according to Audiogon you may be aiming a bit low for your B60R.  Used average is closer to 1K. 

Thanks guys, I will sell it for $600, it will help a little to buy the new B100.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2011, 01:44 pm »
It really depends on age, warranty left, and most importantly functional and cosmetic condition.

I have a '99 B60 R with phono.  I had it upgraded to SST by Bryston last year.  I have the spec sheet, etc.  If I were to list today, I'd probably list it at $1k.  Maybe throw in shipping to the ConUs and paypal if I needed to sell it quickly.

I don't have any need nor desire to sell mine though. $850 would be an absolute minimum I'd have in my pocket after everything is said and done.

If your's in in good shape, you're selling yourself short by letting it go for that price IMO.  But again, I don't know how quickly you need to get rid of it, where you are, it's condition, etc.  At your price, it would probably last an hour or two on Audiogon even if something was wrong with it.  A buyer would know Bryston would fix it under warranty. 

Stu Pitt

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2011, 04:13 pm »
Does it have a remote?  Not all B60s are B60Rs.  Or at least they weren't back then.  I'm pretty sure the current ones are, regardless of if you get the optional remote or not.

If I'm correct, the back will say B60R if it is.  The box will also have a printed box filled in next to the letter R.  If not, a unviers remote won't work.  I ask because I don't see a remote in your pics.

I know a guy who would most likely be interested if it is in fact a remote controllable unit.
« Last Edit: 4 Jun 2011, 05:17 pm by Stu Pitt »

Stu Pitt

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2011, 04:17 pm »
Maybe a stupid question -

Have you considered buying a 2B SST to use as a power amp and using the B60 as a preamp?  The B60's preamp section is a BP-6. Or at the very least, the BP-6 was designed using the B60's preamp section.  Just a thought.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2011, 10:59 pm »
Just as a heads-up, the "R" in B60R stands for remote.  If you advertise it as such, people may get confused.   You're far better off calling it a B60 rather than a B60R IMO. 

headshrinker2

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jun 2011, 02:38 am »
lanchilee,
Avg blue book in Audiogon for the B60 (not the R) is $968.00. 

whatsthisone

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jun 2011, 06:08 pm »
86 :thumb:
« Last Edit: 9 Oct 2011, 02:36 am by whatsthisone »

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #10 on: 8 Jun 2011, 09:24 pm »

Perhaps you gents would like to avail yourselves of the Trading Post rather than trying to sell your goods here in the Bryston Circle...

D.D.