AKSA Gallery - See AC Gallery

RonR

Re: AKSA Gallery - See AC Gallery
« Reply #180 on: 27 Jan 2007, 03:47 pm »
Hi,

Finally got around to taking photos of the Aksonics today.

They can be found in my gallery Here

Made from 18mm Plywood with Teak Veneer covering and finished in Danish Oil.
Non-standard Cardas binding posts were used to match the ones on my LifeForce Power Amp.

Cheers,

Ron

KCM

« Reply #181 on: 12 Mar 2007, 05:39 pm »
I added a few pics of my recently completed Lifeforce 55.  Many thanks to Hugh for his help, and a wonderful sounding amplifier !

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=994

AKSA

« Reply #182 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:15 pm »
Hi Ken,

Picture book stuff, really well done!  Very professional appearance on the box, and nice symmetrical layout with the split heatsink.  Thanks for posting.....

Happy listening!

Cheers,

Hugh

zkaudio

« Reply #183 on: 6 Jun 2007, 04:21 pm »
I have a good friend with a high end metalworking company.  I plan on putting together a few channels of Lifeforce 100's... if anyone has a case design that is highly regarded... if you send me a template I could probably have a couple of units made up relatively cheaply ...if enough forum members were interested, we could do a production run :D

TomS

« Reply #184 on: 6 Jun 2007, 04:33 pm »
Where is he located?

tl1000sv

AKSA Lifeforce 100 Monoblocks
« Reply #185 on: 17 Jun 2007, 07:53 pm »
Hello all, I just posted some images of my recently completed AKSA Lifeforce 100, set up as a pair of monoblocks.

Many thanks to Hugh, who as usual, was very helpful consulting on critical layout decisions and various problems that inevitably crop up!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;user=4323

Tim

kyrill

« Reply #186 on: 17 Jun 2007, 08:29 pm »
My compliments clean functional and beautiful
 :)

AKSA

« Reply #187 on: 17 Jun 2007, 11:10 pm »
Tim,

Beautiful, stylish work - a joy to behold!!

Thank you for posting these outstanding examples,

Cheers,

Hugh

stvnharr

« Reply #188 on: 18 Jun 2007, 11:50 am »
Are those Kharma looking speakers real or diy editions?  Either way, with the LF100 = Great music.

TomS

Re: AKSA Lifeforce 100 Monoblocks
« Reply #189 on: 18 Jun 2007, 01:11 pm »
Hello all, I just posted some images of my recently completed AKSA Lifeforce 100, set up as a pair of monoblocks.

Many thanks to Hugh, who as usual, was very helpful consulting on critical layout decisions and various problems that inevitably crop up!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;user=4323

Tim

Tim - Beautiful work!  Can you tell us what the source was for cases?  Tom

tl1000sv

Re: AKSA Lifeforce 100 Monoblocks
« Reply #190 on: 18 Jun 2007, 02:21 pm »
Are those Kharma looking speakers real or diy editions?  Either way, with the LF100 = Great music.

They are real Ceramique 2.1's.  Woodworking is not my strong suit!

Tim - Beautiful work!  Can you tell us what the source was for cases?  Tom

Thank you!  The body panels are "Uni-Pac" from LMB Heeger, http://www.lmbheeger.com/products.asp?catid=30.  I worked up the aluminum front and rear panels to match and had them milled by Front Panel Express.  If I did it again and I could find an alternative to Front Panel Express, I would - simply to avoid their customer service.  The online design and project submission are, however, very convenient.

Tim

Jitterbug

« Reply #191 on: 5 Aug 2007, 03:53 am »
I've been enjoying my LF100 for a few months. I'm stepping up from a fairly modest Marantz amp so the LF has been a revalation to me. I brought it down to a very high end audio store the other to audition a pair of 802Ds. I was concerned that it may not have enough power to drive these. Not at all, the guys in the store were well impressed what with they hard. It left me longing after the 802Ds, although I may hold off for a while before buying.

Here is a link to a few images of my amp:
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewthumb/2644218401-1186285688-77624/parm/page/1/15/

That's a DACT attenuator in there.

Norman

Jitterbug

« Reply #192 on: 21 Aug 2007, 09:53 pm »
I've also put the images up on AC - didn't realise my ISP required logon to the image site

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1184

VYnuhl.Addict

Soraya CB105 prototype
« Reply #193 on: 29 Oct 2007, 06:55 am »

Just joined the Audio Circle forums here in the last few days, Id like to say hello to all of the Aspen owners and appreciaters of great sound quality! :). I thought I would take the opportunity to put some pictures of the Soraya amplifier that I had built prior to the retail product and "nicely furnished" version that is out and available for consumption. The first Canadian version   :D. Nothing too special on the outside, its a shiny black box but its innards are unreal as those who have heard Hughs retail amp can attest to  :drool:.. Here is the link below.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;user=44290

Heres to the best success for Aspen :roll:
Colin B

kyrill

« Reply #194 on: 29 Oct 2007, 08:44 am »
welcome Colin

Is the rest of your setup "up" to the challenge? :wink:

AKSA

« Reply #195 on: 29 Oct 2007, 11:45 am »
Hi Kyrill,

Let me answer that one........

Without commenting on Colin's other components, speakers, source, I can say this with some emphasis.

The sound contributed by the amp is much more than most realise.  Common thinking says that the speakers make the most difference.  This is just not true.

You will hear the benefits of a Soraya (or a Lifeforce) with ordinary speakers.  I've heard very expensive speakers with lousy amplification, and the result is also ordinary.  But even with inexpensive speakers you can hear a Soraya/Lifeforce from 100 metres - the effect is not subtle - because the incoming signal quality is incredibly important.

So, even with cheap speakers and an ordinary CD/DVD player you will hear a Soraya/Lifeforce.  I noticed this very clearly at RMAF;  people would walk into our room, hear the sound, and comment on how wonderful they were.  They never realised that with an ordinary amp all the magic was gone;  it really is true that the amp is 60-70% of the sound quality.

Colin,

Thanks for putting your lovely amp on display in the gallery!  Much appreciated, and thank you again for your wonderful collaboration!

Cheers,

Hugh

kyrill

« Reply #196 on: 29 Oct 2007, 12:37 pm »
 :D

AKSA

« Reply #197 on: 29 Oct 2007, 10:31 pm »
Thanks Colin!!

Great to see you hear, you are very welcome!

I see Lyn has just posted his impressions of the Soraya in a dedicated thread, would you like to add to it?

Cheers,

Hugh

VYnuhl.Addict

« Reply #198 on: 29 Oct 2007, 10:59 pm »
Thanks Hugh,

After getting it completed and the PITA laquering job I thought it was about time to post some pics of the first one built as I have to say I am damn proud to own such a fine sounding piece of Audio gear aa.

Kyrill, Thank you for the warm but tongue in cheek welcome, it is much appreciated, haha. I have to admit the rest of my system didnt cost alot the source is a Rotel RCD-02 with the analog output section post DAC being entirely rebuilt with a beefed up output that can drive difficult loads a little bit better than stock and with lower distortion. Many redundant signal path caps were removed in the process and presently only contains one cap(PP Film) in the signal path that could do any damage to the music, this one is between the highish dcoffset DAC out and the I/V, Buffer input  :icon_lol:. The preamp is a homebrewed passive, based on the Shunt ideas floating around the internet but not in a stepped form, it used a 100k Alps blue and a 10k series resistor 1/2 watt metal film and sounded so good my active SS preamp now resides collecting dust i a dark corner, its for the better that way as simplicity has its benefits when the other variables can be dealt with, cables. SPeakers are PSB Image 2B with a crossover overhaul and better parts used(capacitors), 2 way 6.5 driver and ported they qualify as monetarily cheap speakers but sound very very neutral. Surprisingly enough their response is very flat from 60hz to 20khz which can be found in an old soundstage test on them that is still online, it may be their best trait :). They have be very carefully setup using the Cardas guide based on room dimensions and this is a huge difference as even 6 inches closer to the rear wall can drastically affect the low end but as it stands imaging is superb and low end in clean and grunty without being overweight and in need of a diet. Im still waiting for Hugh to complete those V-Sonics so I can buy a pair of real speakers :drool:. But in the end the amp has made a huge difference, so resolving that you can clearly hear changes further up the chain even if very subtle.

Thanks
Colin
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2007, 11:10 pm by VYnuhl.Addict »

painkiller

« Reply #199 on: 23 Jan 2008, 12:07 pm »
Here are my Lifeforce 55 monoblocks:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1331

Enclosures from autocostruire.it (note the matching preamp  aa), no-name RCA sockets and speaker binding posts. Neutrik XLR sockets (balanced or not, I'm a big fan of those XLR's). Mundorf supreme silver/gold in teflon wiring.

Heatsinks mounted on the outside of the rear panel. No screws needed to fasten it as it's made to fit perfectly into a cutout in the rear panel. This turned out to be a great solution. The amp barely gets warm after playing loud for longer periods.