Tidal -> Squeezebox Touch

fado

Tidal -> Squeezebox Touch
« on: 7 Apr 2020, 08:15 pm »
I am currently looking for a good music server/streamer but in the meantime I want to try the Tidal using their three month free trial. I have an older Squeezebox Touch which apparently can stream Tidal using after market software. I found one source for setting up the Squeezebox for Tidal and would like to hear from anyone who has tried this  http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/Open_Beta_Squeezebox_Installation  or any other solutions.

Thanks

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Tidal -> Squeezebox Touch
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2020, 08:40 pm »
Yup. I tried it and it works fine. [Edit: It worked fine in the past, but I haven't tried it in a while.]

I stopped using my SBT, but only because my wifi signal kept dropping out every ten or twenty minutes. It drove me battier than I normally am. WAF prevented my connecting my SBT to my modem.  :duh:

sleepysurf

• Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society
    • Suncoast Audiophile Society
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2020, 08:56 pm »
Ickstream has been discontinued, but there are now plug-ins for Tidal (also Qobuz) in the latest version of Logitech Music Server.  Below are instructions I've copied from the Squeezebox Forum.  FYI, I've successfully used both Tidal and Qobuz with the Squeezebox Touch.

You need to set up an account on www.mysqueezebox.com if you haven't already got one, and install the app and your login credentials there.
Set your local LMS up to go log into www.mysqueezebox.com.
Enable the Logitech TIDAL app.

mitch stl

« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2020, 08:01 pm »
I use Logitech Media Server to feed my Squeezebox Touch, two Raspberry Pi devices with HiFiBerry Hats, and a Squeezebox Radio. LMS version is 7.9.2 which is the latest official (non-beta) release. I use Qobuz instead of Tidal, but the Qobuz app included with LMS works perfectly.

meby

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2020, 04:48 pm »
I am running a squeezebox classic and just upgraded to LMS v 8 and installed the Tidal plugin. I can see the Tidal plugin on LMS and select and play songs in the Web interface on my computer but they show up on my squeezebox and never play just the title shows even though it shows playing in the LMS web interface. Anyone else have this issue and fix it?

mitch stl

« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2020, 05:27 pm »
On the Plug-In tab of your settings page in LMS, double-check those settings. Qobuz has one for the max bit rate sent to the player, so Tidal may have that also. I don't have one currently, but recall the Squeezebox Classic doesn't handle anything over 48K.

meby

« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2020, 04:46 am »
Figured out how to get Tidal to work. Just had to adjust to proxied streaming for the streaming method under the player tab and the audio drop down menu and works now! :thumb: