AK 240 Blue Note 75th Anniversary Player plus media, stand, and books

Freo-1

I've had my eye on this for several years, but the cost was prohibitive:

https://us.astellnkern.com/products/ak240-blue-note?variant=16617043460155

As it turns out, was able to find the entire package for a GREAT price.  The player itself has not been used.  Not every day one can get 75 DSD mastered recordings of some of the best jazz available.  Very much looking forward to receiving this and getting to use. 

Will be able to play the media (Micro SD cards) via the Sony UDP X1100ES.  Also can connect the 240 via USB to the main stereo directly. 

Was also able to find extra (spare) batteries for the 240 player.   The extra batteries should keep the unit running for a long time. 

Will report on impressions of both the player and media once it arrives.     

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Original price was only $4500 - a piece of cake....  :o

Where did you find it (or is it a secret)?

Freo-1

Original price was only $4500 - a piece of cake....  :o

Where did you find it (or is it a secret)?

I know, right?  No way that amount of cash was going to get spent, no matter how cool the set is.

I found the set from a dealer in Erie, CO.  The player has not been used, the books are still in original wrapping, overall in excellent shape.   The first few jewel cases have minor cracks, but that's it.  Was able to get it for slightly above 1/3 rd of original price. 

Mostly wanted to get the 75 DSD mastered albums on micro SD media.  The player and books are just a bonus, along with the collect-ability.    The fact I was able to find spare batteries for the player to keep it going helps as well. 

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Nice snag Freo   :thumb:

Freo-1

Nice snag Freo   :thumb:

Thanks!  I was primarily interested in obtaining the DSD media.  The player is a nice to have, and will be used for travel once life gets back to some level of normal. 

Freo-1

Finally got the package in, and got a chance to review/use it.  The micro SD cards sound wonderful when using it as a source to playback with the stereo or headphone setup.  Blue Note did an excellent job re-mastering the recordings.  The books are a nice touch, and are very informative.  For those who are into vinyl, this has much the same enjoyment with using the book as reviewing the album cover (more,in fact, as there is a lot of information and pictures provided.

The AK 240 player is also a very good sounding unit.  To me, it sounds somewhat better than the AK KANN. 

Overall, very happy with this.