NFL Football '16-17

Philistine

Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #320 on: 23 Jan 2017, 02:32 pm »
I hosted a Steeler's party last night, had a bottle of champagne in the fridge just in case they won.  Hoping to crack it open should the Falcon's win....I suspect I'll get to keep it another year.
I've had more entertainment this season watching the live Premier League soccer games Saturday mornings on NBCSN.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #321 on: 23 Jan 2017, 03:13 pm »
In 2016 everything changed. Entertainment has taken over all aspects and enterprises of American life. Fiction has been substituted with genuine lies at every turn. It seems clear that credibility is not a particularly valued commodity any longer.

The media is the message. Bucky Fuller got that right. I wonder if he said anything else we might need to know.

sts9fan

« Reply #322 on: 23 Jan 2017, 03:41 pm »
After this Super Bowl BB and TB will both be the indisputable GOATs  :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #323 on: 23 Jan 2017, 03:50 pm »
r.

The media is the message. Bucky Fuller got that right. I wonder if he said anything else we might need to know.

Uh, Tom, Marshall McLuhan said that.  I think Bucky designed the Geodesic (sp?) dome....    I heard McLuhan speak at my college, back in the day when we walked to school, up hill in the snow, both ways.   :thumb:

twitch54

« Reply #324 on: 23 Jan 2017, 04:00 pm »
The Patriots want this Super Bowl trophy badly to make a statement about the deflategate horsepucky. Watch for Goodell's officials to give Atlanta some extra help. One of the more subtle ways of helping a team is to allow defensive backs to hold and otherwise interfere with receivers while you look the other way. Another is strategically calling holding at the line of scrimmage. Both are easy to call or ignore because both occur on every play. Big Bill knows how to get around this to a degree.

Dan Quinn is being celebrated as a coaching wunderkind but I expect the staff from Foxboro to know just what to do to an upstart squad and I have seen Matt Ryan lose his cool many a time in the face of excellent defense.

I tend to agree but I'll be pulling for the Falcons given that Ryan is a local kid to my area

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #325 on: 23 Jan 2017, 04:41 pm »
I tend to agree but I'll be pulling for the Falcons given that Ryan is a local kid to my area
Check the Patriot roster and I believe you will find a number of Rutgers players and others from New Jersey. If so, who will you be pulling for in the face of new data?

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #326 on: 23 Jan 2017, 04:46 pm »
Uh, Tom, Marshall McLuhan said that.  I think Bucky designed the Geodesic (sp?) dome....    I heard McLuhan speak at my college, back in the day when we walked to school, up hill in the snow, both ways.   :thumb:

I remember those days. We started doing that in September and continued through until just after Easter when we had to transition to blinding sunlight and relentless heat without food or water. At least you came away with some accurate info. Obviously I didn't fare as well. Marshall McLuhan it is.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #327 on: 23 Jan 2017, 04:50 pm »
I photographed the talk for the college paper, using a 4x5 Speed Graphic.  Otherwise don't remember much.

Focusing screen was in backwards and all the shots were soft as a result.    :duh:

mick wolfe

« Reply #328 on: 23 Jan 2017, 05:11 pm »
Mentioned in an earlier post, but clearly the worst NFL play-offs I can remember. One compelling game in ten. ( Green Bay/Dallas)  At least it looks like the Super Bowl has a chance of being somewhat interesting.

stlrman

« Reply #329 on: 24 Jan 2017, 02:16 pm »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #330 on: 24 Jan 2017, 11:25 pm »
 :thumb:

Philistine

« Reply #331 on: 25 Jan 2017, 01:57 am »
On the local news tonight that Big Ben's reviewing his future options, including retirement as an option.  Just a publicity stunt so the fans beg him to stay rather than kick him out of town....this'll work for him as he's smarter than most Steeler's fans  :lol:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #332 on: 5 Feb 2017, 03:04 pm »
This is it. 
I'm hoping the Falcons can rise to the occasion and it'll be a great game.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #333 on: 5 Feb 2017, 04:11 pm »
I feel the same way, except I'm not sure who might come out of the gate smokin, taking a big lead and ruining the game.  I think it comes down to if the Patriot defense can throttle the Falcon offense and take a lead.  One assumes the logical strategy is to put Butler on the number two Sanu and double Jones, maybe Belichick will come up with something different.  If the Patriots can't do that I could see the Falcons up by fourteen in the first quarter, if they can it may be the other way 'round.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #334 on: 5 Feb 2017, 04:16 pm »
I think I'll put music on and read a book. Been an NFL fan since I was a kid, but may have watched just one game this year.    :roll:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #335 on: 5 Feb 2017, 05:04 pm »
I think I'll put music on and read a book. Been an NFL fan since I was a kid, but may have watched just one game this year.    :roll:
Bob - Have you lost your Raven Cravens? I'm losing interest too. In years past I always knocked the NFL during the offseason only to cave and sign on once real games started. This year I was much less faithful and attentive. And the Super Bowl ......... ?
I don't know >>>>>> game time decision, I suppose.

twitch54

« Reply #336 on: 5 Feb 2017, 08:26 pm »
I bet the under .......

JakeJ

« Reply #337 on: 5 Feb 2017, 10:53 pm »
Go Falcons!

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #338 on: 5 Feb 2017, 11:01 pm »
It's amazing on how much #rap they babble about in the pregame. I just turn it off until the action starts. Go Falcons!

stlrman

« Reply #339 on: 6 Feb 2017, 12:58 am »
Blow out!! Who saw this coming ?
Tons of time of course , but no team has come back from a 14 point deficit mych less 21.
But if anyone can it's Brady.
They can't stop the Falcons though.
They are getting a ton of pressure on Brady.