Deadfish

Paul Graham

Re: Deadfish
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2018, 07:00 am »
Forwarded from intro section.

It is a bittersweet thing that brings me here as a new member.
I recently created a new Audiophile group on facebook which I really didn't plan. It kinda just happened.
Through doing so I met a lovely lady who I have befriended and she has become one of my team.
It turns out she is none other than Deadfish's wife.
I am unsure if any of you know, But sadly Deadfish passed away some time ago.
Susan has recently been digging through his gear which has been in storage and wants to get some of it set back up again. So I did an online search and came across here.
She has given me permission to make a profile and introduce myself here.
Hopefully we can now find out some more info about Deadfish's gear and get something set up ( Susan is a beginner to the tech side of it all )
Thank you for allowing me to join and my apologies for being the bearer of sad news if it wasn't already known.

All my best, And on behalf of Susan, Paul. Founder of The Audio Cafe. :)

Myself and Susan were told to look in here as Bill had many friends about these parts :)

daves

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:02 pm »
Paul, have Susan ring me  and I can get the ST70 set up for her. I’m free on weekends, and I saw the modded 70 when it was running.
Dave
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2018, 03:02 pm by daves »

sturgus

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2018, 07:02 pm »
If there is anything I can do I am willing to help out. Although I move a lot slower than I used too. Deadfish was a great guy.

vintage9594

« Reply #23 on: 14 Jun 2018, 12:01 am »
I am trying to find a home for some Snell Type E ii Speakers if she could use them....
Don
314-532-0095

daves

« Reply #24 on: 14 Jun 2018, 01:45 pm »
Don, I’ll let you know after we get the room stereos set up. Bill loved his attic system -it was his man cave - but Susan may be a little more first floor centered. We’ll see.

drummerwill

« Reply #25 on: 15 Jun 2018, 04:44 am »

I will certainly miss my Altec Buddy....   I could always depend on Bill to be truly
interested  in my latest Altec Lansing exploits !!    R.I.P.  Bill  !

Willie

Mrs Deadfish

« Reply #26 on: 15 Jun 2018, 03:14 pm »
Hi Guys!!!

Mrs D here. Thanks for all the wonderful comments about DeadFish. I know he is smiling at all this.

Dave is correct. My gear is now on the first floor...too hot upstairs! LOL

Thanks for the offer of speakers...will have to see if and where I can use them.

I look forward to getting together with all of you soon. I even have something that will make you all smile as we raise a glass to Bill!

Best Regards! ( He made me say that!)

Susan

wedweb

« Reply #27 on: 15 Jun 2018, 11:20 pm »
I miss seeing and talking with him too.  I still carry one of the knives I bought from him.  I had sold him a pair of Dynaco A35's a bunch of years ago.  :)

wedweb

Bo

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #28 on: 16 Jun 2018, 02:14 am »
Welcome to the club Susan!  :thumb:

popthinker

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2018, 04:03 am »
It's good to have another woman around, Susan. I've only been here a few years, so I never got a chance to meet Deadfish, but if I can help you in any way, let me know.

Mrs Deadfish

« Reply #30 on: 16 Jun 2018, 01:30 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome!
Nice to meet you Popthinker!

Bo, you made me smile, knowing you still carry a blade you bought from him. Me too! LOL

Hope to meet you all soon!

Susan

wedweb

« Reply #31 on: 16 Jun 2018, 10:31 pm »
Yep, Mrs. Deadfish, I still carry it.  It's neat because it's a demo knife that says its not sharp.  But, I guess he sharpened it. :)

Mrs Deadfish

« Reply #32 on: 18 Jun 2018, 04:52 am »
WedWeb,

Nice blade. I am sure he made sure it had a sharp edge before he would have sold it to you. Glad you still have and enjoy it. He enjoyed seeing his friends with good blades. Nice to know how many ways he is remembered.

Thanks for sharing that with me

gavinhaley

« Reply #33 on: 20 Jun 2018, 02:47 am »
Hi Susan. I am still over here in Belleville and I have the time to give you a hand. I will even bring you a free DAC if you need one. I have three or four I am trying to find homes for. Drop me a line : gavin haley at charter dot  net. Just remove the spaces and add the symbols. Have a good one.

Gavin

Mrs Deadfish

« Reply #34 on: 21 Jun 2018, 01:02 pm »
Thanks Gavin. I might have to take you up on that offer.

Mrs Deadfish

« Reply #35 on: 21 Jun 2018, 01:05 pm »
So I am making a shameless plug here!!!

I am on FB and in this amazing new group for audiophiles. If anyone wants to join from this group. We would love to have you in the group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/516367948761119/

Come check us out at the Audiophile Cafe!!!

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #36 on: 21 Jun 2018, 07:57 pm »
"Joined" Waiting for approval.