How To Spot Fake Headphones

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: How To Spot Fake Headphones
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2022, 10:36 am »
Thanks for the link.  I suspected before opening the link that the brands would be popular Beats, Bose, Apple, and it was.  Not likely we'll see a lot of knockoffs with Meze, HiFiman etc.  But a good heads up to check your serial numbers with the manufacturer and make sure of the return policy before purchase.

I once employed a professional car thief and thought I'd hear stories of stolen Ferraris etc like Gone in Sixty Seconds.  He told me no, it was all Hondas, Chevys, Toyotas because that's the volume models where the parts were worth ten times the value of a whole car.  As here it's the volume models that are counterfeited.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: How To Spot Fake Headphones
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2022, 10:59 am »
I would suggest check with the manufacturer if the dealer are legit, we have some dealers of famous brands as Sennheiser, Focal, Beyer, AKG, unfortunately no HifiMan, in all these dealers there is no way to listening the phones, so its not easy to get the serial number, to worse they dont stock the top of the line phones at exception of Sennheiser with some HD800 model what were sold by over $3000usd.