Toronto Show Sept. 2012

PRELUDE

Re: Toronto Show Sept. 2012
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2012, 07:49 pm »

OK,folks
I will post the report right here as far James got ahead of me this year and start the thread.He must be very happy and proud of his new speakers. :thumb:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2012, 08:04 pm »
  James ..nice show. By the way are those director's chairs available again? :thumb:

patrickm

« Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2012, 08:25 pm »
Nice.  Good to see that Altronics Stereo 2000 have a display there, I've purchased several components from Rob/Ron... always enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2012, 12:48 am »
Nice.  Good to see that Altronics Stereo 2000 have a display there, I've purchased several components from Rob/Ron... always enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

Agreed  :thumb:

I purchased my entire system from Ron and Rob, I have not dropped in on them for quite a while and I must diffinately rectify this.

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2012, 01:16 am »

PRELUDE

« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2012, 03:11 am »

mr_bill

« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:03 pm »
What are the new bryston electronics being shown?!
How do the model Ts sound?

rmurray

« Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2012, 05:36 pm »
  You mean Bryston brought out a CD transport.? :scratch:

Ron D

« Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2012, 06:45 pm »
The Model T's (passive version) sounded great given the very large space they were in and the ambient noise of a well attended room. While I didn't confirm the source was the new BDA-2 it was a Bryston DAC/BDP-1 combo at the front end. 28B's and a BP-26 with a Bryston BIT (did not note the model) in play.

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #29 on: 29 Sep 2012, 08:07 pm »
As I have the BCD-1 a new transport would not be important news to me (unless it does SACD  :P ).

But as I have just ordered a BDA-1 it would be disappointing if I were to mis the BDA-2 by a couple of days/weeks/months.  :(

Is there any truth in this, or are we having our legs pulled?  :lol:

Cheers,
Bob

Ron D

« Reply #30 on: 29 Sep 2012, 08:11 pm »
Bob - Unfortunately I left the BDA-2 brochure in my brother's car and I cannot confirm it was on static display nor was the DAC playing but there was official paperwork on it. Based on a cursory glance at it the only change I noticed was that they moved away from the Dual Crystal chips to dual AKM 32 bit chips, everything else looked to be the same.

I am sure that James will chime in at some point in time...

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #31 on: 29 Sep 2012, 08:13 pm »
He invariably does, but thanks for the quick relpy!
Bob

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #32 on: 30 Sep 2012, 12:44 am »
Robert Duetsch - STEREOPHILE MAGAZINE

One of the rooms I was most eager to visit was Bryston's. At the last Montreal show (SSI 2012), Bryston introduced their first entry into the loudspeaker market: the Model T, designed by James Tanner, Bryston's VP Sales and Marketing, with help from driver manufacturer Axiom Audio. The speaker was on passive display, Tanner saying that he was still tweaking the design of the drivers. The advance publicity for TAVES 2012 was that the Model T would be demonstrated at the show.

Whenever I hear about a manufacturer of one kind of audio product, eg, electronics, introducing a very different kind of audio product, eg, a loudspeaker, I tend to have my doubts about the viability of the enterprise—it makes me think of the saying about the cobbler sticking to his last. But I know Bryston to be a conservative manufacturer—not in the political sense, but in the sense of not rushing into something in an impulsive way—and I know that Tanner has been in this game for a long time, and that he's a good listener.

The Model T that I heard at TAVES 2012 was very impressive indeed, with startling high-level dynamics (claimed maximum SPL is 118dB SPL at 1 meter, and I believe it), and powerful bass. The Model T is actually available in three versions: one with internal passive crossover ($6495/pair), the Model T signature with external passive crossover ($7495/pair), and a version with active crossover ($9495/pair), which was the one being demonstrated. (ED - Actually it was the Passive Model T $6495 being demonstrated)

Bryston's Model T is the flagship of an entire line of speakers. There's a very serious-looking center channel (pictured), a smaller stand-mounted speaker called the Model T Mini ($2,550) and some wall-mounted speakers.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2012, 10:39 am by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #33 on: 30 Sep 2012, 12:54 am »

Haurock 

TAVES - Day 1 report.
_______________________________________ _
First day of TAVES audio show is now complete and what a revealing day it was!

There were two shockers today.

First, was Bryston new line of speakers.

These things are awesome!!!  

Talk about sound stage, dynamics, base, clarity. James Tanner was on hand and I did spend a few minutes talking with him about this new endeavour and it was a complete eye opener. Anyone looking for some new speakers MUST add these to their audition list. I'm going back tomorrow to listen some more, but,  I am awestruck.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2012, 12:29 pm by James Tanner »

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #34 on: 30 Sep 2012, 02:06 am »
Thanks for posting all of the awesome photographs from the show PRELUDE  :thumb:

Be well...

Ron D

« Reply #35 on: 30 Sep 2012, 02:13 am »
Confirmed that the source was the new BDA-2 and the also new BDP-2.

From Soundstage - "Bryston also showed their $2395 BDA-2 digital-to-analog converter, which now supports resolutions up to 24/192 via USB, and $2995 BDP-2 digital player, which is said to feature several significant improvements over their popular BDP-1 model."

Guy 13

« Reply #36 on: 30 Sep 2012, 02:17 am »

Hi all Audio Circle members.

It would have been easy for me to go to th Toronto show,
if I was living in Montreal,
but unfortunately,
I am now in Vietnam.

Thanks to whoever posted all the nice picures taken at the show,
it a good compromise instead of being there.

Thanks again.

Guiy 13

PRELUDE

« Reply #37 on: 30 Sep 2012, 02:47 am »
You are very welcome folks. :thumb:
I parked my car in my friend's driveway and took the subway to downtown to avoid the traffic and parking.Now that was a nice idea but It was not fun when I find out I left my battery for camera in the car. :oops: :duh:
So I had to get back to the car and back to the show.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #38 on: 30 Sep 2012, 02:51 am »
...yes, a BIG thank you for all these pictures and great news :thumb: well done, guys.

al.

Alpha10

« Reply #39 on: 30 Sep 2012, 07:28 am »
Confirmed that the source was the new BDA-2 and the also new BDP-2.

From Soundstage - "Bryston also showed their $2395 BDA-2 digital-to-analog converter, which now supports resolutions up to 24/192 via USB, and $2995 BDP-2 digital player, which is said to feature several significant improvements over their popular BDP-1 model."

James are going going to be able to post some details on all this surprise new kit soon???

Cheers