Best amplifier for timepiece 3.0

Double Ugly

Re: Best amplifier for timepiece 3.0
« Reply #40 on: 7 Nov 2008, 09:05 pm »
:D Hi gangs.   i have found a very good french integrated to go with the TP 3.0
it's the mimetism15.2   2x180watts

this amp give sounds very good with a lot of control in the Bass and great extension without distorsion in the treble :thumb: 

Congrats!  If it sounds as good as it looks, I'm sure it's a winner.  :thumb:

but i have a question , i use a biwire configuration with it and it seems better than single wire in my system.  so is it a good idea to double my amplifier too?  and go bi-amping solution with another same amplifier?

If your amplifier supports running in mono, yes.

Actually, make that a *BIG* yes.

please don't say me yes , you must go that way , were are in financial crisis times :duh:

Sorry.  I assumed you wanted an honest answer.  :dunno:

Mariusz

« Reply #41 on: 7 Nov 2008, 10:49 pm »
Please take my opinion with a "grain of salt" due to my limited exposure to SPs as well as the amp I really think works very well with them.
SP sounded great during the latest "RAVE" with top of the line "Cherry" amp. :drool:

Mariusz :thumb:

mfsoa

« Reply #42 on: 8 Nov 2008, 12:58 am »
Mariusz,
How right you are - And I've been continuing to get more out of the pairing since the Rave.  The DAC amp seems really well matched to what the SPMinis need to sing. For me, my VAC amp still wins for the highs and that tube magic stuff, but the DAC has some serious balls in the bass, far bettering a 600 watt Sunfire amp for control and pitch definition

Unfortunately, Tommy can't pick his amp up till next week, and I may be forced against my will to hang on the Chris' Minis for another month, so I am burdoned by having all this great gear at my fingertips, ready to set up in any number of ways to listen to as long as I want   :lol:

-Mike

Mariusz

« Reply #43 on: 8 Nov 2008, 01:07 am »
Poor you........ aa

Have fun and hope to see you again Mike. :thumb:

Mariusz

ooheadsoo

« Reply #44 on: 8 Nov 2008, 02:05 am »
Ok, how about a new branch in this conversation:

Best amplifier for the Timepiece 3.0 around $1000?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #45 on: 8 Nov 2008, 03:41 am »
Ok, how about a new branch in this conversation:

Best amplifier for the Timepiece 3.0 around $1000?

$1,000.00.....This might be tough.... :?  :scratch:

Cacophonix

« Reply #46 on: 8 Nov 2008, 04:10 am »
Try used ATI amps that come up on and off on audiogon. And also look for the older aragon amps. They were known as the poor man's krell, and they sound very good. Also i saw a classe 201 for ~$1000. Or for a couple of hundred more, you can buy odyssey khartago mono extreme SE amps from me  :lol: :thumb:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #47 on: 8 Nov 2008, 04:12 am »
How about hoping that the best amp for the coming TP 3.0's is the one you already have?  :thumb:

Spectron MIII SE Mk2.

Gene

ooheadsoo

« Reply #48 on: 8 Nov 2008, 09:58 am »
Yes...I thought $1000 would be rather tough.  :duh:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll be trying with an AVA 550 first and I also have an Odyssey Stratos as backup, but I suspect the Stratos doesn't have enough oomph.  Are you sure the ATIs have enough juice?

TomS

« Reply #49 on: 8 Nov 2008, 10:44 am »

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll be trying with an AVA 550 first and I also have an Odyssey Stratos as backup, but I suspect the Stratos doesn't have enough oomph.  Are you sure the ATIs have enough juice?
These Wyred4Sound SX500 mono's might be interesting and are bit above at $1200 (great deal though).

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=61397.msg549344;topicseen#new

I haven't heard them in my system, but BigRedMachine has the SX1000's on his Salk HT3's and apparently likes them a lot.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #50 on: 8 Nov 2008, 01:27 pm »

Try those first, give the combo's a listen....no need to "jump the gun" yet... :wink:

topround

« Reply #51 on: 8 Nov 2008, 01:34 pm »
The first amp that came to my mind was an AVA 550, I think this would be a good combo, not sure , but funny someone came up with the same suggestion as myself. Not cheap but you could pick one up on agon for decent price when one shows up. Hell of a lot cheaper than the digital amps out there that seem to work great with the SP techs.

Mike

ooheadsoo

« Reply #52 on: 8 Nov 2008, 06:16 pm »
I actually picked up the AVA 550 in anticipation of using them with the TP3.0s.  I'll be sure to post comments when I get to try the combo out.

I did see the W4S amps and am tempted, but I can't pick those up without selling the AVA first.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #53 on: 8 Nov 2008, 07:01 pm »

These Wyred4Sound SX500 mono's might be interesting and are bit above at $1200 (great deal though).

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=61397.msg549344;topicseen#new

I haven't heard them in my system, but BigRedMachine has the SX1000's on his Salk HT3's and apparently likes them a lot.

I do Tom.. Had them cranking last night and loving it.

spence

« Reply #54 on: 9 Nov 2008, 02:50 pm »
I'm still using my Channel Islands D-200 ($1400 used) and they're still slamming with my 3.0s.

juanitox

« Reply #55 on: 1 Jan 2009, 11:16 am »
 :cry: for personnal reasons, i must sell my beloved Timepiece 3.0 with the rest of my system too..   if it could make happy someone here :wink:
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1235908208&/SP-Technology-Timepiece-3.0

happy new year for the crew aa

Double Ugly

« Reply #56 on: 1 Jan 2009, 03:06 pm »
:cry: for personnal reasons, i must sell my beloved Timepiece 3.0 with the rest of my system too..   

I'm sorry to hear that, Rohan. 

Whatever your reasons, best of luck with the sale.  Your equipment is sure to make someone very happy.

-Jim

juanitox

« Reply #57 on: 1 Jan 2009, 03:35 pm »
 :D thanks Jim , i dont want to bring a bad feeling here it's just a question of money nothing more :thumb:

bhobba

« Reply #58 on: 1 Jan 2009, 11:50 pm »
Yea - know how it feels.  Would dearly love to take delivery of my timepiece mini's I have put a down payment on.  But the economic situation is murder for me right now.  Need to wait a bit longer.  My arthritis is getting worse and I really really need a car.  That is on the back burner as well.

Thanks
Bill