It's Roon Time!

Gopher

It's Roon Time!
« on: 8 Mar 2016, 02:56 pm »
After hearing all the buzz and feedback on the Roon interface, and having tons of music I have no prayer of navigating without help, I finally broke down and got a Roon account last night.  I got distracted by television (Better Call Saul) before I could set it up, but I'm itching to get home and start setting it up.

Any ACers currently using this?

findog3103

Re: It's Roon Time!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2016, 03:44 pm »
I use Roon and love its interface and ability to lose myself in seeing how songs/albums/artists are interconnected. Audirvana, JPlayer, Decibel now mostly sit idle. I also can't tell much of a difference sonically between the apps.

Jason

mca

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2016, 03:59 pm »
I use Roon and love it. And your correct Gopher, it makes it fun and easy to navigate and discover your large music collection  :thumb:

DTB300

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2016, 08:19 pm »
For music storage - start out with Watched Folders when setting up your locations instead of Managed.

Watched keeps everything as is.  Managed will try to organize by artist/album.

By default Roon uses the Metadata it gets from its partners, not what is in your files - but you can use your metadata if needed.

Takes a little time getting use to the interface and how to manage/change stuff. 

The Roon forum is a nice place to get answers from Roon Staff and/or users for your issues.

Gopher

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2016, 04:29 am »
I am setup and using Roon now.  It's pretty cool off the bat and offers a neat insight to listening.   First impressions are very positive and I've got it integrated with HQPlayer nicely serving everything as DSD128 to my Golden Gate.   

My biggest early gripe is that Roon Remote doesn't seem to be compatible with any of my android devices, so I'm just remote desktoping into my server for the experience...  I'm sure that will be worked out soon though.

It may be time to add tidal to complete the experience.