Newbie help with upsampling

firedog

Newbie help with upsampling
« on: 17 Oct 2009, 08:00 am »
Hi-
Decided to experiment with upsampling 16/44 files to 24/96. I'm using Adobe Audition 2 (Cool Edit Pro 2).

Cool edit resample defaults are 8 bit, 16 bit, and 32 bit. Resampled wav file to 24bit and the 96k. Attempted to play file with Foobar. Error message: nsupported data format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels.

Checked foobar and saw that the asio drivers are defined as 32bit. Went back to Audition 2 and upsampled original file to 32 bit floating point/96k. Got same error message from Foobar.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

ccoshm

Re: Newbie help with upsampling
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2009, 05:36 pm »
Hi-
Decided to experiment with upsampling 16/44 files to 24/96. I'm using Adobe Audition 2 (Cool Edit Pro 2).

Cool edit resample defaults are 8 bit, 16 bit, and 32 bit. Resampled wav file to 24bit and the 96k. Attempted to play file with Foobar. Error message: nsupported data format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels.

Checked foobar and saw that the asio drivers are defined as 32bit. Went back to Audition 2 and upsampled original file to 32 bit floating point/96k. Got same error message from Foobar.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Hi Fire Dog,
Make sure your settings in Windows are correct. Go to settings, control panel, sound -> select your audio device, click on properties, gto to the advanced tab and make sure that the settings there are the same as your source material settings (ie 24-96 or whatever it is you want to do). Next, make sure that the foobar drivers are also set to that same setting. Hope this helps.