Welcome to Aluminati Sound

WireNut

Re: Welcome to Aluminati Sound
« Reply #20 on: 8 Sep 2013, 05:16 am »
Hi WireNut,

We drew CAD files for those faceplates and Gibbs Cam traced the models with a 1/2" ball end mill. It's called "Sufacing" in Gibbs, don't know if you've done this machining process before. The x,y and z axis move all at once to machine in the features. Pretty much can machine anything.

Don't get me started on 5+ axis machines, they can machine a complete sphere 95% complete! Cool stuff :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

Hi Matt and Jas,

Yes I do 3d surfacing. 4 and 5 axis machining as well. You got me all fired up so I had to simulate a faceplate just for fun.
What are the odds of running into a Cadcam programmer/Audiophile  :D

Sorry back to the thread. 

« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2013, 12:21 am by WireNut »

Guy 13

« Reply #21 on: 8 Sep 2013, 11:13 am »
Hi Matt, Jas and all Audio Circle members.
Just for curiosity,
I am posting those pictures below, so you see.
(Who knows, might be of some interest to you.)
I scanned the pictures from the catalogue that I got 
at the hi-end Saigon audio 2013 shown. 

Guy 13
Note:
I am sure your work is as good
and maybe even better...

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
« Reply #22 on: 8 Sep 2013, 12:15 pm »
Hi Guy 13,

We are essentially doing the same thing as they are with casework, even using the same machines in the shop and similar tools. They sure do make some sweet amps!

I saw Jeff Rowland many years ago in an ad and it made me smile :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

WireNut

« Reply #23 on: 9 Sep 2013, 11:49 pm »
Hi Matt and Jas,

If you ever get a chance some photos of your equipment and an enclosure being machined would be cool to see.

WN

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 10 Sep 2013, 12:02 am »
Hi Matt and Jas,

If you ever get a chance some photos of your equipment and an enclosure being machined would be cool to see.

WN

Sure thing WireNut, we'll do this when we machine the first Diablo~500 amp case. My baby is the Mazak Nexus 510c 4 Axis CNC mill  :thumb:

Best,
Matt and Jas

WireNut

« Reply #25 on: 11 Sep 2013, 12:24 am »
Sure thing WireNut, we'll do this when we machine the first Diablo~500 amp case. My baby is the Mazak Nexus 510c 4 Axis CNC mill  :thumb:

Best,
Matt and Jas

That's a serious machine. You guys aren't fooling around  :thumb:.
Here’s a top cover plate I drew up just for fun.

« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2013, 12:01 am by WireNut »

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 14 Sep 2013, 03:55 am »
Tonight we got a very un pleasant email from a guy that was so angry that we used the word "Reference" when talking about our record weight.

First off, that word, "Reference" to be exact, has many different meanings. It could be the best thing ever made or the best thing one single person has heard.

We used this term because we made many different variations of weights and got it down to a science. To us it is a "Reference" weight and at a VERY low price.

Honestly, it is just Jas and I here. Two of us, doing everything. We are not looking to rip customers off by any means.

Are sole goal at Aluminati Sound is to create products that work and sound great. We use the profits, which aren't much compared to most companies, to create and design new products.

Best,
Matt and Jas

WireNut

« Reply #27 on: 15 Sep 2013, 12:30 pm »
Good morning Matt and Jas,

In the DIY community, having access to the bottom of a circuit board without removal and desoldering can be a big selling point for an enclosure. Could you cut a thru hole/pocket in your enclosures under the circuit board if requested?

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 15 Sep 2013, 12:36 pm »
Good morning Matt and Jas,

In the DIY community, having access to the bottom of a circuit board without removal and desoldering can be a big selling point for an enclosure. Could you cut a thru hole/pocket in your enclosures under the circuit board if requested?

Yes of course WireNut but on the Diablo you would just be staring at a heat sink from the 500ASP board  :P

I know what you mean though, it would be useful in a lot of cases (no pun intended), especially in DIY.

Best,
Matt and Jas

WireNut

« Reply #29 on: 15 Sep 2013, 12:44 pm »
Awesome, I knew you could  :wink:  I like the idea. May incorporate well in some of your future projects.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #30 on: 15 Sep 2013, 12:54 pm »
WireNut,

Were having to put about 10 gallons of coolant in for every 2 cases, the 3/4" 3 fluter we are using is really hogging and evaporates the coolant quick  :o

Best,
Matt and Jas

WireNut

« Reply #31 on: 15 Sep 2013, 12:57 pm »
WireNut,

Were having to put about 10 gallons of coolant in for every 2 cases, the 3/4" 3 fluter we are using is really hogging and evaporates the coolant quick  :o

Best,
Matt and Jas

Sweet, glad I don't have to buy the coolant  :lol:

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #32 on: 15 Sep 2013, 01:02 pm »

Sweet, glad I don't have to buy the coolant  :lol:

Yeah it likes $500 for a 55 gallon drum but we run it at like 4-5%, so that likes 1400 gallons we can get... I think.... about $2.80 per gallon lol

Cheaper than gas  :thumb:

Best,
Matt and Jas

srb

« Reply #33 on: 15 Sep 2013, 01:54 pm »
Yeah it likes $500 for a 55 gallon drum but we run it at like 4-5%, so that likes 1400 gallons we can get... I think.... about $2.80 per gallon lol

I followed your math to get ~ 1400 gallons at 4% dilution, but at $500 drum cost that would be ~ $0.36 per gallon?

Steve

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: 15 Sep 2013, 02:02 pm »
I followed your math to get ~ 1400 gallons at 4% dilution, but at $500 drum cost that would be ~ $0.36 per gallon?

Steve

Yes you are correct, I am going only a few hours of sleep... I did 1400/500 instead of 500/1400.

Best,
Matt and Jas

loving_it

« Reply #35 on: 18 Sep 2013, 01:06 pm »
Aluminati Sound is an audio company based in Minneapolis Minnesota. Jas and I are very experienced machinists with many years of designing, prototyping and fabrication skills. With this endless amount of knowledge between us, we can produce products at much cheaper prices than the competition. From tool selection to machines to work holding techniques to buying materials in bulk, run times are reduced to the shortest time possible and this savings is past on to you, the customer.

We get a good laugh when we look around at main stream audio companies, I am sure their products sound great but at the prices they charge, is it really worth all that cash when they put the circuits in a $35 stamped steel chassis....

Our mission is to provide excellent communication with the end customer and the best possible products at the best possible price. We have nothing to hide, you want to see whats inside our amps or know why we did what we did on a certain product, just ask and you will get the honest truth from us.

All of our products ship free to all 50 states, with international shipping being a slight charge.

We hope that you can gives us your trust, support and business in the near future.

Best,
Matt and Jas
Aluminati
    Best of luck  Matt

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: 18 Sep 2013, 01:39 pm »
^Thanks man!

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: 18 Sep 2013, 06:45 pm »
I (Matt) got a call from my bank today... And they told me there was some suspicious activity going on...

Well turns out someone was trying to withdraw a large sum of cash. It was caught within minutes after the transaction showed up at the bank. It was sent back as void and my account is not shut down for a few days.

But I can still pick up the 5 Diablo amp cases tomorrow from anodizing with cash in hand :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

catmonv

« Reply #38 on: 18 Sep 2013, 07:17 pm »
Matt, Thank goodness that these people did not succeed.  Would have been a big hustle if the money was withdrawn.  Nice to know your money is safe. 

Ramon

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #39 on: 18 Sep 2013, 07:35 pm »
Matt, Thank goodness that these people did not succeed.  Would have been a big hustle if the money was withdrawn.  Nice to know your money is safe. 

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

It can happen to anyone, that's the scariest thing but banks are prepared for it and not many folks lose money over it these days.

My bank is going to change all my cards and routing numbers. Like a fresh start :)

Best,
Matt and Jas