Melissa Sale: THANK YOU!

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #40 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:24 am »
Laughing out loud with Melissa now.  Yeah, that picture is very funny.  That's a death grip for sure!  I'm still tickled that she hung in there so long.  What a gal!

dvenardos

« Reply #41 on: 5 Sep 2010, 06:10 am »
Good job Bro!
mazal tov
Many blessings to both of you.  :D

ZLS

« Reply #42 on: 5 Sep 2010, 09:44 am »
    In the years and decades to come, what will be treasured most is not the size of the ring,
but the immense joy and happiness that is shown on their faces. 

CSI

« Reply #43 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:29 pm »
Agreed. What a great picture. That will be the one you'll look at and laugh about decades from now.

Congratulations!

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #44 on: 5 Sep 2010, 04:01 pm »
Beautiful couple - looks like your hearts are in the right place, although Melissa's must be pumping harder to get blood thru the grip....i look forward to shaking your hand at some point Seth, congrats :thumb:

Mama Virtue

Re: Melissa Sale: THANK YOU!
« Reply #45 on: 7 Sep 2010, 04:57 pm »
Life's gonna be crazy for a few months, planning the wedding, dealing with all the details and dealing the day to day stuff. Good luck....just a little warning, while you both may experience giddy highs :bounce:  :singing: in the months to come, don't be  :o if you are also  :duel: and :argue: and :banghead: alot more until Melissa and you are off to the honeymoon.

Looking forward to hearing some great stories  :wink:

It's really funny how a piece of paper seems to change everything at once and yet nothing at all. Enjoy the roller coaster!!

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #46 on: 7 Sep 2010, 05:24 pm »
The ring already arched into the sky on Sunday, rotated three times and landed with a "tat-tat-tat" at my feet.  I've been warned that this comes with the territory, especially in the beginning.  Of course it was my fault but she did promise to treat the hardware with a bit more respect in the future.  Welcome to marriage, right?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: 7 Sep 2010, 05:29 pm »
The ring already arched into the sky on Sunday, rotated three times and landed with a "tat-tat-tat" at my feet. 

I'm sure it was with pristine highs though.  That sweet Virture sound... :lol:

CSI

« Reply #48 on: 7 Sep 2010, 05:34 pm »
My goodness. Maybe you better start keeping a video diary. If things ever go south at Virtue you might be able to turn your marriage into a reality show.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #49 on: 7 Sep 2010, 05:47 pm »
LOL  :icon_lol:

I'm sure she's delighted to have such antics described on the internet.  A syndicated TV show would go over well.

Mama Virtue

« Reply #50 on: 7 Sep 2010, 06:00 pm »
The ring already arched into the sky on Sunday, rotated three times and landed with a "tat-tat-tat" at my feet.  I've been warned that this comes with the territory, especially in the beginning.  Of course it was my fault but she did promise to treat the hardware with a bit more respect in the future.  Welcome to marriage, right?

Hehe, my sister was engaged like 8 times (don't ask...) and had numerous ring throwing experiences...surprisingly I don't think she ever actually lost the rings.

Just warn Melissa, with a rock that big, she might actually pop the diamond out if she throws it hard enough....good luck finding it if that happens  :o

I have handed my ring back to Jason before (early first few months of marriage.)..still can't remember what the fight was about....probably over audio gear [I was naive...and jealous of the attention the gear received at the end of a long day haha] but felt that the quiet statement of taking it off and putting it in the palm of his hand was much more effective then throwing it :lol:

and yea, he groveled for a few hours, and then forgot it happened. I think I cared more then he did  :duh:

4 years later, the ring will have to be pried off my dead body. Or a mafia person would have to chop my finger off.  :roll:
« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2010, 08:57 pm by Mama Virtue »

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #51 on: 7 Sep 2010, 06:02 pm »
That sounds about right, you propose, she accepts, the fight is on until the wedding day...living the american dream. Whatever you do Seth don't stop dreaming up dynamite products for Virtue!!! :thumb: :thumb:

CSI

« Reply #52 on: 8 Sep 2010, 02:18 am »
LOL  :icon_lol:

I'm sure she's delighted to have such antics described on the internet.  A syndicated TV show would go over well.
Glad you like the suggestion. Julie and I will celebrate our 40th anniversary in a few months (no kidding). When I tell people that, they sometimes want to know the "secret" of a long and happy time together. I have to tell the truth....I have absolutely no idea. Someone once said the key to a successful marriage is a high tolerance for the other person's bullshit. Sounds about right to me.

wsturner

« Reply #53 on: 8 Sep 2010, 02:59 pm »
Someone once said the key to a successful marriage is a high tolerance for the other person's bullshit.

...and a realization that you are producing, at least, the same amount.

Mama Virtue

« Reply #54 on: 8 Sep 2010, 03:56 pm »
...and a realization that you are producing, at least, the same amount.

hehe...yup, sounds about right to me! Then again, I think it's important that you really LIKE the other person, that their qualities balance out your faults, and that you are friends first, even after you are married. Without the friendship, you're just living with someone else. Plus, its really hard to hate your friend for very long, especially once they've pointed out you're being stupid and mad for no reason.  :wink: Of course it takes you not being mad anymore to actually admit that.... :duh:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: 8 Sep 2010, 04:11 pm »
Welcome to Virtue Family Counseling!

Mama Virtue

« Reply #56 on: 8 Sep 2010, 05:05 pm »

What do you expect, I am the Mama!!!!!

wsturner

« Reply #57 on: 8 Sep 2010, 05:17 pm »

We give Seth this sage advice. So that he will not waste time fighting with Melissa, and give us a Virtue DAC! :)

saisunil

« Reply #58 on: 8 Sep 2010, 06:03 pm »
Congratulations and good luck ...
I have always believed that marriages are made in heaven (even though out experience make us feel otherwise ...  :scratch: :thumb: )

My teacher once told me - Marriage is a union of body, mind and soul ...

All the best!

Wish you both "virtuous" union ...

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #59 on: 8 Sep 2010, 06:12 pm »
Thank you all!  I'm a very lucky man.  Melissa is Tony the Tiger G-R-E-A-T! 

Seth