TWO.2 listening impressions

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: TWO.2 listening impressions
« Reply #20 on: 8 Jun 2010, 09:51 pm »
Polk- PSW10...there is a crossover setting dial,volume control and stereo inputs of which one is open for this little puppy....

What is the FR of your speakers? 

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #21 on: 8 Jun 2010, 09:58 pm »
Overall 35hz-200hz
Lower -3dB Limit   40Hz dB
Upper -3dB Limit   160Hz dB
Crossover
(subwoofer)   variable 80Hz - 160Hz
Inputs   Speaker level, line level
Outputs   Speaker level

One of the above should hopefully answer that.... :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 8 Jun 2010, 10:01 pm »
The 4312A's you mean??
45hz-20khz
Sensitivity 91db

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2010, 10:02 pm »
Overall 35hz-200hz
Lower -3dB Limit   40Hz dB
Upper -3dB Limit   160Hz dB
Crossover
(subwoofer)   variable 80Hz - 160Hz
Inputs   Speaker level, line level
Outputs   Speaker level

One of the above should hopefully answer that.... :thumb:

Looks like you should just use the crossover in the Virtue.  Since your crossover in the sub will not go lower that's your best bet.  80Hz is always a good place to start.  My speakers have a similar response and I cross at 77Hz.  You'll be the judge!

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 8 Jun 2010, 10:17 pm »
The one I ordered has Auricaps so if I'm reading everything correctly and leave it as shipped I should be OK?? Things won't blow-up or shoot out at me right?? :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: 9 Jun 2010, 12:28 am »
The one I ordered has Auricaps so if I'm reading everything correctly and leave it as shipped I should be OK?? Things won't blow-up or shoot out at me right?? :thumb:

Seth can probably answer better then me but I'd say you are correct.  Leave as is.

I don't think you'll have any issues. 

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 9 Jun 2010, 11:29 pm »
TWO.2 is due Friday...I promise I won't go nuts right away---RIGHT!!!! :drool:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #27 on: 10 Jun 2010, 08:20 pm »
Seth-I am good to go with my TWO.2 (Auricaps) to just hook up a sub-Polk PSW10-without changing jumpers???
Gonna start small with 2.1...JBL-L20T's and sub
then all bets are off..right to the 4312A's in a 2.0

PSB Guy

« Reply #28 on: 10 Jun 2010, 09:44 pm »
Seth-I am good to go with my TWO.2 (Auricaps) to just hook up a sub-Polk PSW10-without changing jumpers???
Gonna start small with 2.1...JBL-L20T's and sub
then all bets are off..right to the 4312A's in a 2.0
You don't have to change the jumpers on your new Two.2, it's an option you have. If you do change the jumpers, set the crossover frequency on your sub to 80 Hz. If you leave the jumpers the way they come out of the factory, set the crossover fequency to your speakers -3dB roll-off point. The manuals I've seen say 45-32000 Hz, -6db, so my uneducated guess is somewhere around 55-60 Hz. Play around with it until it sounds right. Enjoy!

dvenardos

« Reply #29 on: 11 Jun 2010, 04:06 pm »
Just a note: the auricaps are the big caps and the smaller caps are the virtuecaps so if you switch the jumper to the 80hz crossover you will be using the virtuecaps instead of the auricaps.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 11 Jun 2010, 04:18 pm »
Thanks guys!! Its out for delivery and I'm a bit pumped!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

al128

« Reply #31 on: 11 Jun 2010, 05:40 pm »
a quick Q. to all TWO.2 owners...

can it be jumpered to serve as power amp (bypassing the volume pot) ... just like the old ones could?

thx
al

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #32 on: 11 Jun 2010, 08:17 pm »
al128-I believe so but not 100% sure.

I got my TWO.2 today and well lets just say, I feel like I got my first grownup stereo!!!!..I don't know how you guys can be so calm and reserved when the music is this good!!!! :wink:

PSB Guy

« Reply #33 on: 11 Jun 2010, 08:29 pm »
al128-I believe so but not 100% sure.

I got my TWO.2 today and well lets just say, I feel like I got my first grownup stereo!!!!..I don't know how you guys can be so calm and reserved when the music is this good!!!! :wink:
Just wait until those Auricaps get a chance to settle in, it'll get even better (much better). As Seth has mentioned, Auricaps are known for needing LOTS of break-in, 200 hours or more. So sit back, put on the tunes, and enjoy. You will definitely notice the sound changing over time, don't be alarmed, it's just the nature of the amp. Cheers.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #34 on: 11 Jun 2010, 08:36 pm »

Life is GOOD!!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: 13 Jun 2010, 01:14 pm »
I think this TWO.2 broke in because hooked up to the JBL 4312A's this morning these babies are singing sweet music. Easily drives them, and effortlessly brings out all facets of the music being played. The low end to high end sweet sound all around. Its truly amazing to me how these units perform once they open up and breathe!!!
 I enjoy Pat Metheny, Steely Dan, fusion jazz and progressive rock all of which play with great clarity and precision via the TWO.2.
The low end is nice and tight and the highs are silky smooth. I'm thrilled to have this piece of gear and finally realize what 2 channel audio
is about. As a newcomer to this hobby I rely on people like you guys from audiocircle to guide me through the process of collecting gear that will accurately portray the music I enjoy and love. Someone took the time to say "I think you'll like the TWO"..and he was so very right!!
Cami, Seth and everybody at Virtue Audio--well done!!!
Everything from the build quality, ease of setup, and most importantly sound are all top notch-this unit is a keeper!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 15 Jun 2010, 06:05 pm »

SWEET!!!!!!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 15 Jun 2010, 06:08 pm »

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 16 Jun 2010, 01:23 pm »
As my unit continues to open up I am struck by how effortlessly the TWO brings music to life. I have heard several pieces of music as if for the first time. The emotion of performance is easily conveyed, and the dynamic range is like nothing I have ever heard before from an integrated amp or any other type of amp for that matter.

I have played and loved music for a very long time, I love the excitement this hobby brings and I love my TWO.2 for presenting both to me!
 Ed L. :thumb:

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #39 on: 16 Jun 2010, 06:18 pm »

SWEET!!!!!!

Nice Beaver Eclein :thumb:

Only received the TWO today so still breaking it in BUT being able to switch between a Piano led system with a 901 or TWO, well, having pawed-over the goodness and badness of most of the available Class-T amplifiers out there, what is instantly noticeable aurally is the lower spectrum. Always recognisable in the mid and upper part of the spectrum this must be the smallest Class-T to have such defined lows...i'll be back with a better review but i am stunned, i really am with the potential of what Virtue have, and its evident that time has been spent in the right places in the search of clarity across the board.

......seeing the Beaver made me prematurely post lol :lol: