GR General update

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
GR General update
« on: 17 Jan 2022, 03:28 am »
Hi Everyone I just want to give a quick update on things since it's been a while.

It's been hectic for the last month and a half getting back orders sent out, but things are finally slowing down.
We're finally able to stay on top of emails again without regularly being 2-3 pages deep, and we've shipped most of the back-orders out that can go out.

The Bad News
Biggest shortages currently are Tweeters and inductors.
- We are completely out of the T26SG, the new sample tweeter got held up, but should be arriving along with some other samples within the next week or so.
current ETA for back-orders is likely sometime in mid-late February for the initial shipment. March/April is likely for the remaining shipment.

- We have also run out of GR Neo3s. An order has already been placed for more, but current ETA for more is likely March/April (due to Chinese New Year) barring any unexpected delays.

- Inductors have been a real struggle the last few months. Especially since Erse has closed its doors.
We are currently sourcing inductors and caps from Solen until we find a new manufacturer/supplier. (As are many other manufacturers)
we have an order that should arrive by Friday, with another order already placed for more.
That said, Solen doesn't make any iron-core inductors, and we have already wiped out what little stock was available from Parts-Express.
We are looking at our options, but it may still be a while before some of the larger kits and upgrades are available again.

- Rythmik Servo amps are expected sometime in February or March as the delays from chip shortages have really been a major hold up.

The Good News
Big things are happening!

- The new Website is finally finished and in the process of rolling out! (may take a few hours to go live)
We had a meeting Saturday going over the function and feel of the website, and tweaking some things to make it a better experience for both us and all of you.
let us know if you catch any odd bugs or quirks, as the sooner we know about them, the sooner we can get them addressed.
The new site should alleviate a lot of the current problems, especially with shipping not being correctly calculated for both domestic and international orders.
It will hopefully also reduce a lot of emails asking for shipping quotes on international orders

- A new work space is in the works!
Things are growing rapidly, to the point where having just one workspace isn't nearly enough space for everything.
the new work space is currently framed out and partially enclosed, next is electrical and A/C.
It's going to be a bit larger than the current workspace/office, with plenty of room for parts storage and assembling kits at once.

This will free up the current space to be just an office to work on paperwork, emails, and Danny's design work/upgrades.

- Next will be the new listening room which will be between the office and new workspace.

Product News

- The Servo Sub kits will be getting new names, but will otherwise remain the same.

- LGK 2.0 woofers have finally arrived, and we are currently working on finalizing the cabinet plans for the initial launch, hopefully in the next few weeks if all goes well.

- We'll be working to offer another power-related product here soon, but I can't give much more than a teaser just yet.. :wink:

- The Desktop Mini is likely to be nearing "end of life" status soon, as we're starting to get low on the tweeters, and plan to save a small number of them as replacement units, just in case of any "curious fingers" getting too close, and the like.
We also have tentative plans for a matching center-channel / mini tower model, especially since we have a ton of woofers left, but due to the lack of any available iron-core inductors, that plan may be on hold for a little while longer.

We have a lot planned for 2022 and we want to thank you all for all the support and the great community here as it continues to grow! :thumb:

Hobbs & the GR-Research team!

Sandbakk

• Dipole is my choice of speaker construction.
Small issue with the new website in Firefox.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2022, 10:03 am »
Hi and thanks for the good info, and congratulations on the new website. Especially the upgrade of shipping info to other countries is highly valued, since I live in Norway.

One small thing: I get an error message in Firefox (Firefox latest, Windows 10, desktop) when I try to open the webpage, Error code SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE (see attached screen shot).

It works fine with Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

nadirmg

Re: GR General update
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2022, 02:14 pm »
Congrats on the new website and all the other developments, GR Research!  :thumb:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2022, 02:33 pm »
Confirmed the Firefox issue, and passed the message along, well be working on it today.

RonP

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2022, 04:05 pm »
- Inductors have been a real struggle the last few months. Especially since Erse has closed its doors.

Are you saying that Erse as a whole has gone out of business?

joesap

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2022, 04:11 pm »
Hobbs,

Nice looking site. The only thing I came across was that the links in the descriptions were broken for me. I could not get any of them to work.

Also, I noticed that the Thiel parameters and the Freq response graphs are gone. I am assuming these were left out by design?

Vince in TX

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2022, 11:10 pm »
Looking good!    Now I need to change the titles of my Servo Sub 4 threads or else newbies won't know what I'm talking about.    :lol:

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2022, 11:58 pm »
Thanks for all the updates Hobbs!

I don't know about you but I am getting rather exasperated with this C vid jacked state of affairs!

Did you see my P.M.?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2022, 01:11 am »
Thanks for all the updates Hobbs!

I don't know about you but I am getting rather exasperated with this C vid jacked state of affairs!

Did you see my P.M.?

You, me and just about everyone in any major industry.

I did, just havent had a chance to respond yet, expect it this evening.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2022, 02:39 am »
No rush. At your convenience.

Well I was trying to be comically understated with my comment :D

Mallard1

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2022, 07:35 pm »
Thank you for the update!  Love the website too.

Uncle Elvis

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2022, 10:33 pm »
Website looks great. Keep up the good work!

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jan 2022, 12:30 am »
You, me and just about everyone in any major industry.

I did, just havent had a chance to respond yet, expect it this evening.

Hey Hobbs,

The website is the best it has ever been.

Can you have a history tab so that we can see Danny's old site that looked like living in the 90s. I miss the nostalgia. No links need to work. Just that good old 90's fonts.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done again on the new site.
SC

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jan 2022, 03:28 am »
Thanks for all the love on the site so far! We're still ironing out some kinks as we go, and are adding more information etc.

Also just an FYI the page for the LGK 2.0 woofer is live!

We should have our next test cabinets coming soon to develop the final version of the crossover/caninet. So keep an eye out hopefully sometime in February!

But if you want to get the woofers for your own projects, then they are available for purchase in the meantime!  :thumb:

https://gr-research.com/product/lgk-woofer/

(Also: They are NOT a drop-in replacement for the old LGK 1.0 drivers)

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jan 2022, 04:54 am »
Thanks for all the love on the site so far! We're still ironing out some kinks as we go, and are adding more information etc.

Also just an FYI the page for the LGK 2.0 woofer is live!

We should have our next test cabinets coming soon to develop the final version of the crossover/caninet. So keep an eye out hopefully sometime in February!

But if you want to get the woofers for your own projects, then they are available for purchase in the meantime!  :thumb:

https://gr-research.com/product/lgk-woofer/

(Also: They are NOT a drop-in replacement for the old LGK 1.0 drivers)
Hobbs, any parameters yet?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 19 Jan 2022, 04:59 am »
That should be coming soon.

jkaldor

• Life is good!
« Reply #16 on: 19 Jan 2022, 06:14 pm »
New website looks awesome!!

Wigand

« Reply #17 on: 20 Jan 2022, 07:58 pm »
That should be coming soon.

Hey Hobbs,
are you rereleasing the Skinny6s?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jan 2022, 09:04 pm »

Hey Hobbs,
are you rereleasing the Skinny6s?

That is the plan, along with new Wedgies.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 20 Jan 2022, 09:09 pm »
Okay. We just got the new sample tweeter in, and it unfortunately falls short of the original graph we were given. Especially the top end above 15KHz. :duh:
Otherwise it looks great... Smooth roll-off, really flat response..

Unfortunately, the search for a new fabric dome material continues...