Moviepass?

misterclean

Re: Moviepass?
« Reply #20 on: 15 Aug 2018, 01:51 am »

We decided to give them one more month to get their act together and to see if the new plan will actually work without the constant glitches. It was really great when it worked in the spring and earlier in the summer, but then the wheels came off the bus and they have just been scrambling ever since. I wouldn't say I am confident that they are going to get through this, but I am hopeful. I can live with the terms of the current deal--it is a rare month that I am able to see more than three movies. I'm pulling for them to get back on track.

wushuliu

« Reply #21 on: 15 Aug 2018, 04:42 am »
Red flags went up around MoviePass from the beginning. They will fold. My biggest worry for their subscribers is the integrity of personal information. I will bet money that major misuse of finances will be uncovered as well as data breach/outright selling of subscriber info.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #22 on: 15 Aug 2018, 10:25 am »
 :popcorn:  I'm retired, so I've been getting my $$'s worth of the $10, seeing like 3 movies a week for the last several months.  The latest twist was just frustrating.  Guess they're cutting costs, so no staffing to fix their problems.

I was thinking keeping the membership, even for the $15/month, seeing 3 is very cheap (vs. $9 or so in NYC at AMC screens before noon; I actually still had some coupons for $5.50 or so ea. and just gave 'em to my niece!)... Anyhow, with the latest almost blacked out screen, I'll give 'em another month.  Yesterday, went to a small screen (not AMC or Regal), there was ONLY "1" movie showing up.  They're really getting scroogie now.  My sister's also experiencing the same, so it must be them cracking down on us.  Ain't nothing wrong with my IOS or APPs not being updated (they told me that earlier!).

MoviePass the next Titanic?  Likely.  They just got a big loan last week I heard to cover cash flow...... :thumb:

Oh, incidentally, I got so p'd couple weeks ago that I disputed the $9.95, and the credit card co. credited me back.  So, the Titanic is really going to sink a little faster, tho I don't know if the credit card co. was going to reverse their payment to MP.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #23 on: 21 Aug 2018, 10:02 am »
Kaput, I killed it, told them to cancel my membership.  Good thing I have my credit company to fall back on, and told them to shut down their billings.  At there I've been batting outside the movie places, I'd be lucky to get 1 movie a month.  To me, to shut you down as much as possible would cut the bloodshed, as they're losing tons and tons. :popcorn: 

Signed up AMC A-List and saw my 1st movie already, without frustration, blackout and no-theater showing.  The 1 thing I'll miss is I'll be limited to AMC screens, and will have to pay to see Indie movies (smaller screens).  Well...  can't have everything.  Bye Bye Birdie; no Bye Bye MP.  Perhaps MP's days are numbered.