New QuickSilver Tube Head Phone amplifier & Qobuz

A_shah

Hello,
Just got hold of a new QuickSilver Audio Headphone , I am using it with Audeze LCD-X & Audeze Isine 20 and Schilt Gungnir DAC, Streaming it both Qobuz & Tidal.
First Impressions: Lush ! wide open , Clarity , pretty  loud at 11 O'clock This may sound crazy but even Youtube seems to sound like" Live" concert !  :bounce:

:popcorn:

Asghar

gefski

Re: New QuickSilver Tube Head Phone amplifier & Qobuz
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2019, 05:15 am »
Wow, had no idea they now have a headphone amp! When "thinning the herd" last year I sold a GLA, terrific amp of theirs from mid 1990s. I see they're still building them the same old way - no boards, point to point wiring, etc. Still reasonably priced too. TWO THUMBS UP!

santacore

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2019, 06:36 pm »
Wow, that amp looks really nice and the pricing is great. Does it have an adjustable impedance switch?

Chris Adams

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2019, 08:46 pm »
Wow, that amp looks really nice and the pricing is great. Does it have an adjustable impedance switch?

Says it "Will drive any headphone from 20 to 600 ohms impedance".

mav52

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2019, 10:42 pm »
I've always like Quicksilver gear.   I might have to try one of these out.

A_shah

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2019, 01:56 am »
Wow, had no idea they now have a headphone amp! When "thinning the herd" last year I sold a GLA, terrific amp of theirs from mid 1990s. I see they're still building them the same old way - no boards, point to point wiring, etc. Still reasonably priced too. TWO THUMBS UP!

This is an interesting tube headphone amp. I have had the privilege of listening to quite a few HP amps at home at shows and own a couple of headphone amps for my desk top system , I like  systems that surprise me sonically , this one is  up there between the best I have heard so far , at least  to my Ears ! , it seems to have one issue though it has a slight hum when I crank up the alps volume control to between 11 o clock & 2 PM , other than that , the Clarity , detail is   amazing what I find mind boggling is the fact that  even Youtube videos sound as if they are live , the detail is so crazy as to not only one hears breathing , hiss of the performers but I can hear the shoes of violinist moving in the background in Carlos Rivera & India Martinez "A Tu Vera "  the unit has just one resister & one capacitor in the short signal path
In a fews days I will try to use  my PS audio Directstream DAC to see how it sounds with Qobuz & Tidal :popcorn:
Asghar

A_shah

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2019, 02:01 am »
Says it "Will drive any headphone from 20 to 600 ohms impedance".

Have no issues Driving Audeze  LCD-X or any other headphones it gets very loud ! at  about 11 O Clock on the volume control
but I don't see an impedance switch  :thumb:

Asghar

santacore

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2019, 10:02 am »
How's the bass? I find if there is an impedance mismatch, the bass is usually a casualty.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2019, 02:54 pm »
Do you hae a schematic you can share of this amp?

I would like to analyze and compare to three tube amps I alredy have...

Alex

A_shah

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2019, 08:50 pm »
How's the bass? I find if there is an impedance mismatch, the bass is usually a casualty.

That is the first thing I noticed is how good the Bass is !
I don't have the schematics , I don't like to open the bottom plate , but if I do I will post pictures , Like I said it is a very engaging and lively amp. 

Asghar

A_shah

« Reply #10 on: 3 Feb 2019, 02:50 am »
Do you hae a schematic you can share of this amp?

I would like to analyze and compare to three tube amps I alredy have...

Alex

Very Happy with the SQ of the unit ! :thumb:

Asghar