XBox 360 warrantee extended to 3 years!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
XBox 360 warrantee extended to 3 years!
« on: 6 Jul 2007, 01:02 am »
This is great especially since there have apparently been problems with up to 30% of them...and it may cost Micrososft 3 billion!

Anyone have any problems with theirs so far? Haven't used mine for a while, mine has been trouble free, it was not among the first batch.

Also, new 360s should not suffer from the "3 red lights" issue as MS has apparently figured out what the issues were.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/no-brainer/microsoft-expands-360-warranties-275370.php
« Last Edit: 6 Jul 2007, 01:15 am by jqp »

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: XBox 360 warrantee extended to 3 years!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2007, 02:18 am »
I don't have one, but my brother had 3- all have died.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2007, 02:55 am »
Yeah it seems to be a problem with certain manufacturing lots, but they will make the customer happy with that 3 year warantee.

By the way there will be yet another model introduced for Halo 3, a premium 360 version with the addition of HDMI (and presumably no heat issues). It will be green...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:27 am »
The 3 year warranty makes me a lot more willing to shell out the $480 for an Elite...but now that the PS3 is down to $500 I might get it instead.

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2007, 01:31 pm »
I hope they put in the smaller die sized CPU's!  That will certainly help with heat issues.  I agree about the PS3, but they don't have the game library to compete with the 360 yet.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2007, 03:07 pm »
My first one, which was a Gen I unit, was the "buggiest" electronic device I'd ever owned. It was past the warranty stage when I decided to take it to WallyWorld for an even exchange. Knowing their exchange policies I thought, "Why not, what have I got to lose?". Not too many questions asked, and a few minutes later I walked out with a new unit. This one is much MUCH MUCH better. However, I have had the three flashing lights two or three times in as many months. The heat is still an issue. Well, it's an issue as far as I'm concerned. The vent temperature is 125 degrees F. That's just too hot in my opinion. The article didn't say the cause of the red lights is related to heat, but I'm sure it has "something" to do with it.

Bob