Cost for plumbing line to fridge

stlrman

Cost for plumbing line to fridge
« on: 24 Jul 2018, 04:53 pm »
How much is the average cost to go to fridge for plumber? Sink is five feet from fridge.

mcgsxr

Re: Cost for plumbing line to fridge
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2018, 05:34 pm »
Do you have access to under the floor?

Going to be tough to get past the door otherwise.  May be expensive due to the specifics here.

I ran mine from underneath before the basement was finished.  That made it quite easy.

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2018, 05:34 pm »
$150 if you don't mind looking at the exposed 1/4" copper line run over the top of your back door.
About $5000 if you want it hidden: new floor, new cabinets, new countertop, new sink, new faucet, paint, etc.

Basement, I forgot about basement plumbing (no basements in Tucson). Still about 2-3 hours work (1 hour actual work, 2 hours scratching butt and talking to customer), what does your plumber charge per hour? A handyman could do this for cheaper.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2018, 05:36 pm »
Get a few estimates.  In my experience, prices vary widely.  Most independent plumbers are way cheaper than the big companies.  It is easy to get ripped off.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2018, 05:37 pm »
Just a wild guess if you have access under the house is $500.00. Plumbers are expensive.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2018, 06:10 pm »
Don't forget to add more magnets to the fridge after the water is hooked up.   Helps with the metal is the water :wtf:

You didn't mention what room is behind the fridge?   Could be a bathroom,,,,,,,,,?

Alan

stlrman

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2018, 06:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies.
I think I’m can get it done for about $150.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2018, 07:43 pm »
Don't forget to add more magnets to the fridge after the water is hooked up.   Helps with the metal is the water :wtf:

You didn't mention what room is behind the fridge?   Could be a bathroom,,,,,,,,,?

Alan
:rotflmao:

Good luck with $150 if it's a pro plumber. A few years back we redid our Kitchen. I ran it myself under crawl space for the cost of the copper tube and some fittings. Fairly straight forward job, and I'm not skilled.

Brettio

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2018, 08:01 pm »
I have to agree...$150.00 seems very optimistic given current material and competent labor costs.   They may be 5' away as a crow flies but there is quite a bit of work, and many more feet of material (not to mention elbows/connectors, etc) required. Please keep us posted.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2018, 08:26 pm »
Get you some ice cube trays. Or buy ice and store it in the freezer. Sometimes a convenience is just too inconvenient.
Besides that, every time I suggest solar panels, insulation, etc. I am barraged with concerns about ROI. Have you worked out how long your ice maker will take to pay for itself?

WGH

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2018, 09:27 pm »
For $85 you could put in a Flojet Bottled Water System
https://www.amazon.com/Bottled-Filtered-Delivery-U-S-Solid/dp/B073C3SQHX/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1532467185&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=flojet+water+bottle+pump&psc=1

Our city water is very hard and leaves mineral deposits in tea kettles. RO water is crystal clear and makes cleaner tasting tea, coffee and ice cubes with absolutely no mineral deposits. Easy to hook up to the fridge too.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2018, 06:00 am »
I don't know where you live but in Seattle a plumber might show up for $150.00 but he won't do any work without a lot more than that.

Where do you live?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #12 on: 25 Jul 2018, 11:11 am »
Hate small plumbing lines, prone to leak/plug.  We use a Pur brand 1.5 gallon filtered water dispenser that sits in the frig (we have low levels of arsenic in our well water).  The ice maker failed early on, never got it fixed.  Gizmos always  seem to be the first things to fail on any product I've every bought.  For instance right now the rear passenger door power lock has failed and is the first thing to break on the car (2012 Camry with 190k miles on it).

stlrman

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2018, 03:39 pm »
I’m leaning toward not getting it .
Pittsburgh