Amp suggestions

Malm

Amp suggestions
« on: 4 Jul 2018, 07:07 am »
Hi All

I'm new here so be gentle:-)

I'm about to embark on the Omega Loudspeaker journey. I'm sort of dialled in towards either the Super 7 MK2 or the Compact Alnico Monitor.

I looking to put together a nice little vinyl setup in a "corner" of our pretty spacious one-roomliving space (livingroom/kitchen/hall): 125 m2. So the speakers aren't meant to fill all that space but rather allow me to enjoy my vinyls with a book and a glass of something...

I'm looking at a couple of different amps and would like your suggestions. Two things: I want tubes, and the phonostage has to be integrated.

Here's what I'm looking at:

https://www.xtonebox.com/home-audio/tube-audio-devices/gold-2084/ This is a beautiful amp, and it actually sells for 750 euros.

http://www.schiit.com/products/lyr-3

If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Budget is 1000 USD.

Kind regards
Mads

Jorge

Re: Amp suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2018, 03:59 pm »
HI!

I ´ve never heared about that Spanish Company, dont have a clue what the type of sound is. From my experience with CAM, the microZTOL2 might be a Little wonder. A bit above your bugdet but worth every dólar. 2W amp enough for the CAM. It is also one of the best headphones amp in the market.

Saludos

Malm

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2018, 12:01 pm »
Thank you for your reply. Yeah a bit out of budget, and not with integrated phonostage if I understaand the website correctly.

Does anyone use use the headphone amps from Schiit to drive Omegas?

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2018, 05:05 pm »
Hello Malm, and welcome to AudioCircle.  I've never seen that Tonebox amp before, but a couple things about it. First, although it may have a tube output, with only 3 tubes it probably has a solid state phono preamp. Second, as a single ended amp using EL84 tubes in the output, it's unlikely it produces 10 watts, probably more like 3-4 watts.

If you are looking for an all tube integrated I suggest you investigate vintage amps. No idea what the European market has, but at your price point in the states, that's what I'd look for.

Lastly, I'm guessing English isn't your first language so here's a little lesson. The plural of vinyl is vinyl. Vinyls is not a word. Sorry, one of my pet peeves.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2018, 06:01 pm »
Check out Audio Hungary A20i and A50i integrated amps. A wonderful combo to hear. www.audiohungary.com

charles