Grand Reopening!

richidoo

Grand Reopening!
« on: 25 Jan 2009, 04:19 pm »
Welcome back Carolinians, Southerners in general and all fellow AC'ers! After a long absence the Carolina circle is "open for discussion" once again...   Specifically for ALL Carolinians, North and South, this is your home on AC.

I volunteered to do this for two reasons. First is selfless - to give AC a presence in our area again while  bringing together the hordes of audiophiles in our realm. Second is selfish - I want to meet more local audiophile friends. Never have I been in a hobby with participants more diverse and eclectic. It is so rewarding and satisfying to share this gigantic hobby with others.

So, please dive in and have fun. All ACers are welcome to post here, don't be bashful.
Rich

10ear

Re: Grand Reopening!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2009, 04:38 pm »
Thanks for the Grand Reopening. Look forward to being involved.... 

10ear

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2009, 01:54 am »
Glad to see we are back up and running!   :guitar: :violin: :drums: :banana piano:

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2009, 02:20 am »
Well this is good as I just relocated here, I'm near Raleigh and would welcome any help in getting to know what's what in the area, audio or otherwise.  Just PM me if you care to assist.  I don't have a system up at the moment so this would be a great time to demo some.

Thanks

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2009, 03:50 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2ecjfuY5Y

Welcome back neighbors.   :thumb:

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2009, 04:18 pm »
Thanks for your help Rich! Drew Baird from Moon Audio and I may have an open house soon for AC members and anyone else who would like to join in.

Rick Craig
Selah Audio

richidoo

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2009, 04:35 pm »
woodsyi, thanks for the warm welcome  :thumb:  I haven't heard that song in 30 years  :o   and thanks for all your help getting us going again. It is much appreciated.

Rick, that sounds like a great idea - thanks. If you want some help, just PM me.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2009, 05:56 pm »
Thank you all! I was very excited when I moved to NC, namely cause some of my favorite manufacturers are here including K&K Audio, Selah Audio, Moon Audio, Cary, etc...and the weather is great!

Anand.

richidoo

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2009, 06:21 pm »
Welcome to NC, Anand! I think you'll find a lot of activity in the local hifi scene. Where are you located?

jakelieb

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2009, 11:52 pm »
Great to have the Carolina Circle back in business.  Thanks Rich for puttin your money err . . .time where your heart is!!!!!

For you headphone guys mark Feb 21st on your calender.  The Carolina (Charlotte) Audiophile Society is sponsering the Southern CANFest.  :drool:

Go to head-fi.org website for details:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/official-thread-southern-charlotte-canfest-2009-a-360873/
Several dealers and lots of equipment on hand. Plus Joe Grado will be the feature speaker.

Anyone interested in receiving the CASGram newsletter drop me an email.

Jake

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jan 2009, 11:57 pm »
Welcome to NC, Anand! I think you'll find a lot of activity in the local hifi scene. Where are you located?

I'm in Wilkesboro. Home of the MerleFest!

Best,
Anand.

sheadlee

« Reply #11 on: 1 Feb 2009, 06:35 pm »
Thanks, Rich  :thumb:.

Once again...you've gone beyond the call.

I haven't hung around much since the previous NC Circle fizzled, but I guess I'll will have to lurk more, now.

richidoo

« Reply #12 on: 1 Feb 2009, 07:55 pm »
Thanks, Rich  :thumb:.

Once again...you've gone beyond the call.

I haven't hung around much since the previous NC Circle fizzled, but I guess I'll will have to lurk more, now.

Hey Steve, glad you stopped by! See you soon!
Rich

Carlman

« Reply #13 on: 3 Feb 2009, 01:25 am »
Just dropping in to say hello.  Glad to see this area revived and enlarged.  Rich hosts some of the best G2G's and I hope to host a few later this year in my new sound room.  Should be fun and hope to continue meeting new folks.
Hope to see you all soon,
Carl

sanlanman

« Reply #14 on: 24 Feb 2009, 02:36 am »
Hello from the Columbia, SC area. I 'll keep an eye on this forum and contribute if/when I have something worthwhile.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 11 Mar 2009, 12:51 am »
Thank you!!!

Charlotte, NC

bmr3hc

« Reply #16 on: 15 Mar 2009, 12:18 pm »
Rich
This is the site Roger Modjeski told me about on the Music Reference amp. I had no clue you were moderating the Carolina Audiophiles. I am in. Where is all that energy and time, to do this coming from? Don't answer that.
If you bottle it, I'll sell it. :lol:

bmr3hc

« Reply #17 on: 15 Mar 2009, 12:22 pm »
Hey, someone else from Columbia, S.C.! What high school?

richidoo

« Reply #18 on: 16 Mar 2009, 12:59 am »
If you bottle it, I'll sell it. :lol:

Hi Henry, Nice to see you enjoying the audiophile community online!  We just reopened the Carolina Circle a few weeks ago, but before that Carlman started and ran it for years.