DAC-10, DAC-10H

Brad

Re: DAC-10, DAC-10H
« Reply #60 on: 17 Sep 2015, 02:13 am »
Any updates on the DAC-10?

Still enjoying the DAC10.   It does a great job of driving my Korneff 45 amp.
I listen to a large variety of music, and it has played everything well (metal, rock, folk, 50/60s jazz, world, etc)

Ripped DSD, but mostly FLAC into the DAC section.  Also phono and my SACD player into it as a line stage.

JackD

« Reply #61 on: 17 Sep 2015, 02:32 am »
As both the DAC-10 and the LM-502 are both based on the same family of ESS chipsets they are more similar than different other than the fact that one's output stage is SS and the other is tube.  Both DAC's portray the soundstage in my room wall to wall.  With the LM the depth is several rows back in the audience than the DAC-10, though both portray depth to the "back of the stage."  Detail retrieval goes to the DAC-10 as is the case with most comparisons between SS and tubes.  I have used it as a "linestage" only insofar as running the Vista Phono into the analog inputs for the TT.  For the first month I ran it as a DAC/Pre. Then after that I ran it as a DAC only using a W4S STP-SE, Sonic Frontier Line 2 SE+ and the Modwright LS-100 as preamps. I prefer to use a separate preamp, but many others prefer to use DAC/Preamps straight into the power amps so you mileage may vary depending on which option you prefer.

KLH007

« Reply #62 on: 17 Sep 2015, 02:46 am »
Thanks Jack.

JackD

« Reply #63 on: 17 Sep 2015, 03:08 am »
Glad to help and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the DAC-10 to anyone looking for a premium DAC at a moderate price, with the first rate preamp stage being a bonus.

dr.sah

« Reply #64 on: 19 Sep 2015, 10:51 am »
What kind of triggle cable do I need for Dac10 and ST10?

JackD

« Reply #66 on: 20 Sep 2015, 08:09 pm »
Should be fine, looks like the ones that came with my W4S mAMPS.

agdev01

« Reply #67 on: 30 Dec 2015, 07:11 pm »
Rusty,

I just picked up a DAC-10 from John to go along with my ST-10.  First, kudos on the great DAC.  Very pleased with it.  I do have a couple of simple questions i was hoping you could answer for me.  BOth of the Manuals state that each need about 4 inches of clearance.   I assume based on the design of the units they case for heat dispersion and can be expected to be warm to the touch.  Is okay to stack the units?

Second can you let me know what type of tigger cable should be used or what i should expect when using this?  I plugged a 12v "stereo" cable from my old MAC gear into both and when putting the DAC into standby didn't notice and changes to the ST-10.

dr.sah

« Reply #68 on: 31 Dec 2015, 07:20 am »
stereo trigger cable  works at my setup.

John Casler

« Reply #69 on: 31 Dec 2015, 07:23 am »
If you stack them place the amp on top.

agdev01

« Reply #70 on: 31 Dec 2015, 07:44 am »
Thanks guys.

I flipped the trigger cable and now it works... :scratch: I think it may have been due to the DAC was on and the ST-10 was off when i initially plugged the cable in and it confused it?  I don't know all i did differently was put both into standby before plugging it in again.

John - good idea on putting the amp on top, will try that and see.

rustydoglim

« Reply #71 on: 31 Dec 2015, 06:40 pm »
Rusty,

I just picked up a DAC-10 from John to go along with my ST-10.  First, kudos on the great DAC.  Very pleased with it.  I do have a couple of simple questions i was hoping you could answer for me.  BOth of the Manuals state that each need about 4 inches of clearance.   I assume based on the design of the units they case for heat dispersion and can be expected to be warm to the touch.  Is okay to stack the units?

Second can you let me know what type of tigger cable should be used or what i should expect when using this?  I plugged a 12v "stereo" cable from my old MAC gear into both and when putting the DAC into standby didn't notice and changes to the ST-10.

The heat related warning is just the standard template language we put in there :)
Sure you can stack the amp and DAC.
Looks like you already got your trigger cable to work.  If not, you can order one from NuPrime factory.
I need to get better documentation about the cable.  Too many new products and documentation starts to fall behind.

John Casler

« Reply #72 on: 31 Dec 2015, 06:47 pm »

John - good idea on putting the amp on top, will try that and see.

Yes, while it would seem natural to place the "warmest" component on top, it also actually facilitates cooling of both, by accelerating the airflow from the top of the amp, since it is unimpeded.  This acceleration acts to cool both components at a slightly greater rate, due to a faster flow (upwards) from both components.

Just make sure and have nothing atop the amp.

giordy60

« Reply #73 on: 28 Apr 2016, 06:40 am »
question: a simple trigger cable (mini-jack - mini-jack) is sufficient to connect the DAC-10 to 'ST-10?
nuprime has something in our catalog?

giordy60

« Reply #74 on: 28 Apr 2016, 01:17 pm »
the question is: the trigger output of the DAC-10 is enabled?  :scratch:

rustydoglim

« Reply #75 on: 28 Apr 2016, 05:58 pm »
Oh come on, it is clearly labeled Trigger Out for the connector hole above USB port.
Use a standard trigger cable. You can also get one from NuPrime.
Jason

giordy60

« Reply #76 on: 29 Apr 2016, 10:17 pm »
..... You can also get one from NuPrime.
Jason

you can order the distributor?

lupocerviero

« Reply #77 on: 30 Apr 2016, 08:35 am »
Oh come on, it is clearly labeled Trigger Out for the connector hole above USB port.
Use a standard trigger cable. You can also get one from NuPrime.
Jason

Hi Jason,
I am the owner of a pair of Dac10h + ST10.
The trigger output/input is clearly indicated, but i used three different cables and he does not work!
The couple is new and everything works perfectly.

giordy60

« Reply #78 on: 30 Apr 2016, 04:00 pm »
Hi Jason,
I am the owner of a pair of Dac10h + ST10.
The trigger output/input is clearly indicated, but i used three different cables and he does not work!
The couple is new and everything works perfectly.

ciao Davide ben trovato anche su questo lido  :D
stavo giusto perorando la tua causa  Wink2

Davide is the l'amicorumei

rustydoglim

« Reply #79 on: 30 Apr 2016, 05:38 pm »
Yes, distributor has already told us about this. I suspect that the trigger input connector is loose.  So I will bring the parts to Germany and pass it to your distributor.