Lonestar Audiofest in Dallas

AvFan

Re: Lonestar Audiofest in Dallas
« Reply #20 on: 12 Jun 2019, 10:20 pm »
We used the Benchmark amp to drive the Ritorno monitors and the D-Sonic amps for bi-amping the Omaggio line arrays. Both gave us excellent sound and I will be using them in future shows. Plenty of power ,neutral, and low noise - all that you could ask for. If you're spending more than this on amplification I would suggest reconsidering your purchase.

I have a D-Sonic M3a-800s (stereo 700 watts/channel at 4ohms) on the way.  It will be fun to hear how my Ottavo perform with this Class D amp.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 18 Jun 2019, 02:40 am »
I have a D-Sonic M3a-800s (stereo 700 watts/channel at 4ohms) on the way.  It will be fun to hear how my Ottavo perform with this Class D amp.

Great - please let me know how it works out!

AvFan

« Reply #22 on: 5 Jul 2019, 06:35 pm »
Great - please let me know how it works out!

Thanks for the recommendation on D-Sonic amps!  The M3a-800s stereo amp performs very well with my Ottavo.  The Ottavo/D-Sonic combo provides clear detailed sound without any hint of graininess, full soundstage and excellent bass definition.  I don't really need the D-Sonic's abundant power but I'm keeping it because it sounds so good with the Ottavo. 

Just a side note:  I've had my Ottavo for four years and while several components have come and gone these speakers are a mainstay.  The interesting thing is these speakers are able to easily resolve what each piece of gear has brought to my system including the D-Sonic.  I stretched the budget when I bought the Ottavo and I'm so glad I did as I'm still a believer in spending the most on the ends (transducers) of audio chain at the phono cartridge and speakers.  The Ottavo continue to deliver!

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com