Cherry Amplifier® ---- What We're About 🍒

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Two FINE demo units available...
« Reply #540 on: 6 Feb 2010, 12:12 am »
We now have a Cherry jr and Cherry PLUS DEMOS in stock.  Any interest, send a PM or email Support@DigitalAmp.com...

Also, we are thinking about dropping the "regular" Cherry due to much more interest lately in the Cherry jr and Cherry PLUS.  Any thoughts on this?

Also, we just got a REALLY nice deal on some parts for the premium output filter, so we are upgrading all new units to have the premium filter until further notice.  We can also customize units as far as binding posts, XLR connectors, and even faceplate color for the Cherry models (silver or red).  Thanks again to all for your support, and have a great weekend...
« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2010, 09:05 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

mfsoa

Re: Digital Amplifier Company DAC4800A and Cherry amps
« Reply #541 on: 6 Feb 2010, 12:13 am »
Aren't the used Lavry or Benchmarks going for near $600 now?

Do you need USB?

Good luck.

-Mike

mfsoa

« Reply #542 on: 6 Feb 2010, 12:22 am »
Cherry vs Cherry Plus - I don't know what's going on inside these units, but there doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot of difference between them spec-wise or power-wise.

If the Plus uses a new board or whatever, maybe you should move along and bury the cherry and use jus' the plus.

My $0.01

-Mike

TomS

« Reply #543 on: 6 Feb 2010, 01:04 am »
Cherry vs Cherry Plus - I don't know what's going on inside these units, but there doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot of difference between them spec-wise or power-wise.

If the Plus uses a new board or whatever, maybe you should move along and bury the cherry and use jus' the plus.

My $0.01

-Mike
I wondered this too.  Looking at the pictures of the inside of all 4, the motherboard, daughter board, and big caps look pretty much the same, just with bigger transformers and better hardware as you move up the line. 

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: POLL --- Please participate!
« Reply #544 on: 6 Feb 2010, 09:04 pm »
We have a poll going...
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77070.0
The poll closes Monday morning, so please vote if you haven't already.  Thanks.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #545 on: 6 Feb 2010, 09:07 pm »
Aren't the used Lavry or Benchmarks going for near $600 now?

Do you need USB?

Good luck.

-Mike
I'll look for them again.  No need for USB.  Thanks.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: POLL --- Please participate!
« Reply #546 on: 7 Feb 2010, 06:15 pm »

The poll closes Monday morning, so please vote if you haven't already.  Thanks.

Please vote before your Super Bowl party...
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77070.0

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
$1299 for a Cherry Amplifier ??? not the jr version either
« Reply #547 on: 13 Feb 2010, 07:11 pm »
We have an older demo unit with some slight chassis damage and a blank (no printing) faceplate.  It has the previous motherboard version, but it is fully tested and works perfectly!  It has the 1500W transformer, original binding posts, and puts out an astounding 1200W total into a 4 ohm pair of speakers.  The same amazing clarity and low level detail as all of our amps.  Priced to go ASAP at $1299.  Send a private message if interested.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Our own circle!
« Reply #548 on: 14 Feb 2010, 03:11 pm »
This is a test post since the thread has moved.  We have our own circle now!  Pardon our learning curve...

pjchappy

Re: Our own circle!
« Reply #549 on: 14 Feb 2010, 03:13 pm »
This is a test post since the thread has moved.  We have our own circle now!  Pardon our learning curve...

Congratulations!   :thumb:

Paul

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #550 on: 14 Feb 2010, 07:12 pm »
Thata way to git r' done Tommy. Hope you'll have an active & prosperous Circle.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
new thread
« Reply #551 on: 19 Feb 2010, 07:14 am »
It was suggested that we start a new thread in our new circle:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77921.0

To those that follow this thread: please post a message on the new one!  Just a "hello" will do.  Be sure to check the "Notify me of replies." box.

We have a list of topics we want to cover this year, so stay tuned.  Feel free to suggest your own.  For example: tubes versus Class-D.  Thanks as always.

satfrat

• Restricted
Re: new thread
« Reply #552 on: 19 Feb 2010, 07:22 am »
It was suggested that we start a new thread in our new circle:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77921.0

To those that follow this thread: please post a message on the new one!  Just a "hello" will do.  Be sure to check the "Notify me of replies." box.

We have a list of topics we want to cover this year, so stay tuned.  Feel free to suggest your own.  For example: tubes versus Class-D.  Thanks as always.

There's really no need for anyone posting to check the notification box Tommy as that's automatically done when anyone posts in any thread. But the notification box does come in handy for someone who wants to follow a thread w/o having to post first.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

JohnR

« Reply #553 on: 19 Feb 2010, 07:30 am »
There's really no need for anyone posting to check the notification box Tommy as that's automatically done when anyone posts in any thread.

It depends on each person's own notification settings - in your Profile, go to Notifications and there is a checkbox "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic". It may be turned on or off for any particular individual.

:)

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #554 on: 24 Feb 2010, 04:21 am »
It depends on each person's own notification settings - in your Profile, go to Notifications and there is a checkbox "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic". It may be turned on or off for any particular individual.

:)

My current settings don't check "notify" by default...

kedoades

« Reply #555 on: 26 Feb 2010, 01:56 am »
   I recently found a dac 4800A on audiogon for a great price.  I had never heard one before but read all the reviews so I decided to try one.  I  sure am glad I did.  This amp is very clear, it really lets you hear all the inner details that you may have been missing.  It is also very powerful with great bass midrange and trebel.  I would recommend pairing it with a tube preamp for best results. It beat the pants off my musical fidelity amp which was more expensive, it wasn't even a contest. I have had this amp for about 6 months now and plan on having it for a long time, really a great amp. 

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #556 on: 26 Feb 2010, 02:10 am »
   I recently found a dac 4800A on audiogon for a great price.  I had never heard one before but read all the reviews so I decided to try one.  I  sure am glad I did.  This amp is very clear, it really lets you hear all the inner details that you may have been missing.  It is also very powerful with great bass midrange and trebel.  I would recommend pairing it with a tube preamp for best results. It beat the pants off my musical fidelity amp which was more expensive, it wasn't even a contest. I have had this amp for about 6 months now and plan on having it for a long time, really a great amp.

So what tube preamp did you end up pairing your 4800 with? Thanks.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

kedoades

« Reply #557 on: 26 Feb 2010, 01:47 pm »
   Hi Robin,  I ended up going with a bat vk 31 and it is an excellent combo with the dac 4800. 

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
DAC4800A demo on the way
« Reply #558 on: 3 Mar 2010, 04:13 am »
We have a DAC4800A demo unit coming in next week.  Send a PM if interested.

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #559 on: 3 Mar 2010, 04:42 am »
If your in the market for a Class D amp, I highly recommend you put the DAC4800A on your shortlist of amps to audition. With the Purity preamp fronting the DAC4800A, one of our listeners during testing thought he was listening to a SET amp. He had no clue the DAC4800A was the amplifier driving the speakers.

Tommy doesn't sell through dealers but if he did this would be a Class D amp that I would want to carry!