Routers

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Routers
« Reply #40 on: 7 Nov 2019, 04:17 pm »
clear , there's a new audiophile born every minute ..

Do not insult me. No Kid here.  Do not know your audio experience but mine is over 40 years, buying, selling listening to audio gear, setting up systems at audio shows. Winning best sound at shows, CES, CAF. Was one one of Harry Pearsons listening group. I have been around. I know what I hear.
  Everything makes a difference in sound. Just because it cannot be measured [ yet ] does not mean a thing. With that thinking just go buy a 1980 receiver from Japan with stellar specs and shit sound. This is what most think why would you want to challenge our hearing or personal experience ? Back to routers.

charles

genjamon

« Reply #41 on: 7 Nov 2019, 04:20 pm »
Likewise, I’ve found great effects from my Ultracap power supplies on all network equipment. And not just audio quality. I was having WiFi dropout issues with my router that went away entirely after I improved the power supply.

slash71

« Reply #42 on: 7 Nov 2019, 05:30 pm »
  Do not insult me. No Kid here.  Do not know your audio experience but mine is over 40 years, buying, selling listening to audio gear, setting up systems at audio shows. Winning best sound at shows, CES, CAF. Was one one of Harry Pearsons listening group. I have been around. I know what I hear.
  Everything makes a difference in sound. Just because it cannot be measured [ yet ] does not mean a thing. With that thinking just go buy a 1980 receiver from Japan with stellar specs and shit sound. This is what most think why would you want to challenge our hearing or personal experience ? Back to routers.

charles

you're a boss ,  don't continue puffery  . Network devices don't sound , don't make difference on clarity, focus and imaging.  leave on .

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #43 on: 7 Nov 2019, 08:03 pm »
you're a boss ,  don't continue puffery  . Network devices don't sound , don't make difference on clarity, focus and imaging.  leave on .

Done. Bye.

charles

randytsuch

« Reply #44 on: 7 Nov 2019, 11:05 pm »
When did AC start allowing trolls to ruin threads?

AC is small enough where I thought trolls could be kept under control.

Hopefully it can be fixed.

Randy

DavidS

« Reply #45 on: 8 Nov 2019, 02:31 am »
have to agree - was interested in this thread and interested in respective experience.  Some good discussion and good intentions but shut down by one troll's personal attacks and off topic flames.  Moderator can you jump and rescue this thread?  Really had high hopes for it....

JohnR

« Reply #46 on: 8 Nov 2019, 02:44 am »
There's no way that changing a power supply on a network switch can change the sound of anything. It's a simple technical fact. When did AC become so intolerant of anyone trying to say so?

genjamon

« Reply #47 on: 8 Nov 2019, 02:46 am »
   :cry:

JohnR

« Reply #48 on: 8 Nov 2019, 02:57 am »
   :cry:

It seems that it's quite painful for you to read an opinion different to your own. Unlike some other sites, AC tries to allow for diverse perspectives.

randytsuch

« Reply #49 on: 8 Nov 2019, 03:01 am »
There's no way that changing a power supply on a network switch can change the sound of anything. It's a simple technical fact. When did AC become so intolerant of anyone trying to say so?

I have to disagree with you here
And my issue is he says it over and over and over again. 

I’m out of this thread now

genjamon

« Reply #50 on: 8 Nov 2019, 03:03 am »
No, I’m fine with someone stating a difference of opinion. I’m not fine with someone stating the same thing over and over and over, browbeating every post genuinely trying to engage with the interests of the OP. In such a situation, yes I’ll spar a bit in the spirit of defending the intent of the thread.

I’m quite surprised at this response from you, given the history on AC of dustbinning trolling behavior, which this most certainly has been.

If Slash wants to start a thread bashing people who claim to have heard differences in routers and power supplies for them, I’d welcome such a thread. I just wouldn’t have anything to contribute to it, and wouldn’t go visit that thread to shit all over him or others who post there.

JohnR

« Reply #51 on: 8 Nov 2019, 03:17 am »
No-one appointed you defender of the thread. Did you even read the first post? I was hoping someone would actually answer the questions asked.

genjamon

« Reply #52 on: 8 Nov 2019, 03:28 am »
If you'll take a look, my first post suggested a switch (many same functionalities as a router, the topic of the OP) designed to make a difference.  Sure, to truly answer the original post you'd have to go research a bit about that product and the voluminous information available to distinguish it from traditional switches that could matter for audio.  Others also mentioned other companies/products, which additional research could yield info relevant to the OP. 

Of course, then the original poster expressed interest in power issues too, so of course the thread evolved as conversations often do, but.............whatever, I don't have time for this crap.  I'm done.

MttBsh

« Reply #53 on: 8 Nov 2019, 06:11 am »
A heated argument over whether or not a router can affect sound quality; egos are bruised, tempers flare.... could this qualify as a First World problem?

slash71

« Reply #54 on: 8 Nov 2019, 10:44 am »
I'm a bit confused, not for the "bits" themselves. :)
I answered a question still unanswered based on my experiences, which obviously are not yours, but we got to the point that I was asked to leave here, which I could have done without answering, and then in the corner you have requested the intervention of a moderator
I have few messages here and I think the AC community is not so intolerant.
The system may not work for everyone in the same way? OKAY. But is it always different for audio? Something that works for a purpose in the real world when it encounters audio is distorted?
The network evolves, the audio equipment evolves. they can run together but, audio doesn't change anything in the basic network model and vice versa network model don't modify audio representation.
it would be a serious matter if this happened, I think.

my 2cents

wushuliu

« Reply #55 on: 12 Nov 2019, 06:47 pm »
It seems that it's quite painful for you to read an opinion different to your own. Unlike some other sites, AC tries to allow for diverse perspectives.

In this case however it was literally painful to read that opinion due to a blatant disregard for basic grammar and sentence structure. :lol:

I appreciate that the last post was more like prose poetry, so that's an improvement I can discern. But did it make a difference?

JohnR

« Reply #56 on: 13 Nov 2019, 08:16 am »
The grammar suggests a non-native English speaker, it's not very nice to mock someone for that.

slash71

« Reply #57 on: 13 Nov 2019, 11:15 am »
apologize for my harsh English man..

wushuliu

« Reply #58 on: 13 Nov 2019, 04:02 pm »
The grammar suggests a non-native English speaker, it's not very nice to mock someone for that.

It's not the non-native. I'm not aware of any countries that use words with varying degrees of spaces between broken words and punctuation.

At any rate, this is not a hill I have any desire to defend, so have fun y'all.