A special Aurora for a special customer

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
Re: A special Aurora for a special customer
« Reply #80 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:22 pm »
Nice, glad they are in the house! Please keep us updated on these beauties as they break in.

Todd

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #81 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:23 pm »
I'm thrilled they are finally up and running Fred.  Sorry for all the problems getting to this point.  With the right power behind them they will not disappoint.  We had the 300W Clayton monoblocks pushing them and they were flawless to excessive volume levels.  The more power you can get behind them the better off you'll be, especially if you desire the SPL.  You'll be tempted to push lower powered amps to clipping which of course takes away from the experience.

And please do post pictures of your setup.  I'd love to see how they look in your room. 

Next New York audio fest, I would hope you take them to the show and use them in your demo room!  You know you'll get a lot of attention because there just isn't anything like them out there.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #82 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:28 pm »
Why were they just received when the OP was in April?  It was more of "they're on their way" and 5 months later they arrive. 

findog3103

« Reply #83 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:32 pm »
Glad you like the speakers, Fred. Love to hear how you think they compare to my Shearwaters.

rascal

« Reply #84 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:34 pm »
jtwrace- please read previous page and Pete's response above..there was delay of getting custom drivers.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #85 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:37 pm »
jtwrace- please read previous page and Pete's response above..there was delay of getting custom drivers.
Where?  On June 16th the post was "enjoy Fred" which shows a complete speaker. 

rascal

« Reply #86 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:47 pm »

:lol:

Ahh on Page 1  :duh: Yeah- that was marketing  :thumb: I thought you know that by now about stretchable time and Vapor promises  :evil: however if there are delays as long as customer is in the loop and is ok with that...I think all is well.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #87 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:50 pm »
I've been chatting with Ryan as he finishes the final voicing of these speakers for shipment this week and I couldn't be more excited to get them home.

After hearing ~100 loudspeakers in the last 2 months I'm pretty confident saying the vapor sound is for me and the value proposition is ridiculous...  in fact I'm planning on jumping on the bandwagon a second time over and am working out particulars with Ryan on a Stiff Breeze build for my media room.   :thumb:

This time around I'm thinking we will go with a first order crossover built into the stands and using Jupiter Aluminum caps, Wywires cable harness and dueland resistors.

A 4th pair of speakers is probably the last thing I need, but... YOLO!   :lol:

:lol:

Ahh on Page 1  :duh: Yeah- that was marketing  :thumb: I thought you know that by now about stretchable time and Vapor promises  :evil: however if there are delays as long as customer is in the loop and is ok with that...I think all is well.

The above post is from the owner who was obviously expecting them to ship the week of his post. 

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #88 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:50 pm »

I believe there was an issue with the shipping of the speakers and had to go back to Ryan for repair.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #89 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:52 pm »
Enjoy Fred!

Yes, marketing, showing a complete speaker ready to be shipped to the owner.  Simple question is why it took so long from this picture to be shipped when the thought was they were shipping this week in June. 

SoCalWJS

« Reply #90 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:54 pm »

The above post is from the owner who was obviously expecting them to ship the week of his post. 
My build went reasonably quick on Vapors end.  The hold up for me was the custom Flex drivers which took a couple months to come in.  Now that they have a "recipe" on file and Ryan and Pete have built out my cross over and voiced these bad boys, I imagine it'll go pretty quickly.   :thumb:
Sounds like the custom Flex drivers were the hold up to me.

monte

« Reply #91 on: 6 Sep 2015, 08:03 pm »
Glad to see that you have them.They look awesome. Keep us posted.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #92 on: 6 Sep 2015, 08:05 pm »
"Yes, marketing, showing a complete speaker ready to be shipped to the owner.  Simple question is why it took so long from this picture to be shipped when the thought was they were shipping this week in June."

The real question should be why do you care?  Are you the internet police?  Do you like to rain on other peoples parade?  Who are you serving?....really, who are you serving?  Where is the Love? 

sfox7076

« Reply #93 on: 6 Sep 2015, 08:07 pm »
I think that much like some tubes I ordered recently,  there was shipping damage. Better than the tubes the USPS lost on me though.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #94 on: 6 Sep 2015, 08:12 pm »
The real question should be why do you care?  Are you the internet police?  Do you like to rain on other peoples parade?  Who are you serving?....really, who are you serving?  Where is the Love?
Perhaps I'm looking into new speakers...

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #95 on: 6 Sep 2015, 08:17 pm »
Sounds like the custom Flex drivers were the hold up to me.
Still doesn't explain why they shipped months later.  They were complete then as the picture shows. 

rascal

« Reply #96 on: 6 Sep 2015, 08:18 pm »
"Yes, marketing, showing a complete speaker ready to be shipped to the owner.  Simple question is why it took so long from this picture to be shipped when the thought was they were shipping this week in June."

Ric I disagree with you. If there is BS- then let there be truth. If you do not care- then why post?  :scratch:  The info is good to any ACer reading or for prospective Vapor customers.

Something does not add up.  I initially assumed buyer got his speakers after delay (which is natural IMHO). However seems like there is shipping damage or speaker damage or poor craftsmanship? Some details are being left out  :nono:

jtwrace may be a prick at times  :lol:, but he is on to something here-i suspect his BS detector got triggered.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #97 on: 6 Sep 2015, 08:49 pm »

Ric I disagree with you. If there is BS- then let there be truth. If you do not care- then why post?  :scratch:  The info is good to any ACer reading or for prospective Vapor customers.

Something does not add up.  I initially assumed buyer got his speakers after delay (which is natural IMHO). However seems like there is shipping damage or speaker damage or poor craftsmanship? Some details are being left out  :nono:

jtwrace may be a prick at times  :lol:, but he is on to something here-i suspect his BS detector got triggered.

We shipped the speakers and they were damaged in shipping, sent back to us, repaired with new paint job, waited on a replacement tweeter, installed and then shipped back.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #98 on: 6 Sep 2015, 09:15 pm »
"The real question should be why do you care?  Are you the internet police?  Do you like to rain on other peoples parade?  Who are you serving?....really, who are you serving?  Where is the Love?

Where is the Love indeed. Ric is spot on. Jtwrace is grousing about speakers that are not even his when the actual buyer/owner seems happy and more than satisfied?? Really dude, really, what's the agenda here ?  Perhaps BS detectors should be going off ... but not because of anything done by Vapor.

Gopher

« Reply #99 on: 6 Sep 2015, 11:03 pm »
The speakers shipped to me.months ago, but UPS saw fit to do a nasty number on one of them.  It was a bummer for sure and I know Ryan, Pete and Ed worked hard on them and it wasn't their fault. 

UPS took 100% fault and paid the claim.  Pain in the ass, sure but let's not crap on Vapor over it.